Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

miscarriage Rss

I have just lost a baby at 3 months due to miscarriage. We were about to tell our family our wonderful news, but sadly in that same week I started to bleed. I am devastated as it was our first pregnancy and we had shared lots of special moments regarding our *secret*. I would love to read more about how to cope with this and when it is possible to begin trying for a baby again?
I'm so sorry to hear your news! I also lost a baby at 12 wks and i know how you feel! Once the initial shock wore off I really felt left in the dark not having any information on what had just happened to me. For something that is suppose to be really common, I feel there isn't much info out there! I would also love to hear anything about it.
I hope this doesn't sound harsh but I got by on the thought that everything happens for a reason!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Im sorry for your loss. I really am. You can try for another baby straight the way, and chances are you will fall pregnant soon most women are most fertile after loosing a child. I hope everyhting works out.
Bek

Bek (21), Peter (25), Chelsea (3) Luke (1)

I was told to wait 3mths, but fortunately fell after 2. So Bek is probably right! My first two pregnancys took about 10mths for conception!

sorry to hear about your loss.
i too had a miscarriage but fell pregnant 3 months later without any problems throughout my pregnancy.
its very depressing but i think everything happens for a reason,next time round you'll see everything will be fine chin up girl and good luck

mary.NSW 11 month baby

Yes this is what happened to me I lost my baby at 8 weeks last year, and now Im 6 months pregnant again and guess what else , it will have the same birth date as the one I lost , only difference a year apart
As luck would have it, we did try again shortly afterwards. Although not yet confirmed by the Doc, all evidence suggests that I am again expecting. Fingers crossed all goes well and by my calculations I am currently about 6 weeks.

And yes I do agree with you, everythiing happens for a reason!

Joey
Congratulations on your great news.

I hope everything goes smoothly and try not to worry too much.

Please keep us up to date,
Take care

Hi all,

This is my first posting on this site... smile

I had an Ectopic pregnancy was ended at 10wks gest. in October 1998, then a miscarriage in April/May 1999 - then after feeling like I was loosing my brain (with sadness and jealousy) we got some expert advice/assistance and I now have a beautiful baby boy 2yrs and a georgous princess 9 months - things 'must' happen for a reason, otherwise WHY would they happen?

My Ob/Gyn was/is wonderful and gave me a book called "Miscarriage - Informaton for Parents and Friends" - you can get a copy of it from the SANDS NSW organisation, ph: 02-9721 0124 (there is a group in each state).

Tepe - congrats on your news... I hope all is smooth sailing for you this time.

Best Regards,
Megan
I've lost two in a row, both at 10 weeks. The second time was harder to deal with than the first, but I live in hope for the next time. I found it helped to read about other women's experiences (I can't remember the title of this book, but it was excellent). Don't try to hold your feelings in, if you feel like crying, just do it. It is a type of grieving process which just takes time. You will feel better.

Vic

Oh, and congratulations for having the courage to try again so soon!

Vic

I am sitting here reading all the responses almost one year after having posted my above message. I am currently expecting (I am in fact over my due date). I was lucky to fall pregnant again very quickly after losing the first. Although the feeling of what might have been remains with us, we know that there must have been a good reason for it. I am able to openly talk about it and have helped a friend grieve the same thing. I can't wait to meet my little bub, when he/she decides to grace us with their presence. Hang in there to anyone else who experiences such a loss, good times may be just around the corner!!
Sign in to follow this topic