Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Abusive relationship Lock Rss

I am really worried. This is not in relation to me and my partner as we are doing fine, but my brother got his (ex?)girlfriend pregnant, and their relationship is in big trouble. She has hit him with a baseball bat and woken him up by threatening him with a kitchen knife, while he has defended himself by pulling her hair and kicking her. She has also left visible bite marks twice, not to mention her crazy mood swings (from this physical abuse to "I love you" within hours), her threats of self harm and abortion, and her emotional abuse. I don't know what to do. I'm scared for the baby if it is born. Does anyone know of any resources I can make use of? What recourse might my brother have in court if the baby is born? We want to be able to see the kid, preferably without having anything to do with his girlfriend. And I just want the baby to be safe. I can't imagine how it could be wih her as a mother. What can I do?

Jessica, VIC, Max 24.08.03

That is horrible, i dont have any advice for you but i wanted to let you know that i am thinking of your brother and the baby and i will have a look and see if there is anything that can be done.
Have you spoken to a lawyer or someone?
It sounds to me like your brother's girlfriend might have bipolar (manic deppressant)
My Fiance's mother is Bipolar and is on special medication and if she forgets to take it, she can turn into a real bitch and she throws things around and has tried to kill herself and even him a few times. Most of the time they dont know what they are doing but when they calm down they are always very sorry, it might be worthwhile for your brother to suggest she go to a doctor (when she is in a good mood) and see what can be done.
I'm not sure if you can take the medication when you are pregnant but it might help her to talk to someone about it?
My thoughts are with you.

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

What a terrible situation to be a part of. It sounds like your brothers girlfriend needs some real help. There might be a domestic violence hotline in your state that you can seek advice from, or a community resource. Check in the front of the phone books, they usually have them listed. Even if you get the advice. You might need to speak to a Family Law Court or Child Support agency re your brothers rights. I hope that the situation improves for the wellbeing of the precious baby she is carrying. Good Luck.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

ive watched that kind of thing before..... your brother, if he doesnt retaliate to her pyhsically in court wise he would have alot of 'power'.....
He has rights as much as she does though..........
50/50 parenting by both parents but if he can prove she is unfit in any way...... he could have this child full time if that is the case (if they are braking up)

but if they are staying together, which by erading doesnt sound so good:( sorry...... but he or you should some how in a nice way get this girl to anger management classes, not to mention parenting classes.......... I say that in the nicest way ........

Hello Jessica

I agree with the other postings there must be a lawyer or someone he could talk too!

Obviously he is in danger and maybe they will give him full custody if they spilt up! He is not safe in that relationship by the sounds of things!

Absolutely she needs help! what will she do to the baby if he/she causes her problems! I hate to think!

Let us know what happens! I feel really sorry for your brother and your entire family!

All the best


melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

I feel for you all. Tell him that we are thinking of him. It would be best if he sought legal advice and got out. Tell him to start the legal proceedings first by seeing legal aide. they will tell him the best way to handle the situation. Maybe he could even speak to a cousellor for advice on how to deal with her. If I was him I would get out. No matter what don't stop supporting him. Make sure you tell him that you support him and will continue to do so as it will be a long hard road and possibly very messy. He will need you and your support to get him through.
Sign in to follow this topic