Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

high risk pregnancy help??? Rss

hi everyone im not to sure how to spell it i wanna no some info about it im 15 weeks preg and got back from docs my levels i think he said its between 1.1000 but the cromosones but mines 1.145 arghh pls help im scared out my wits they wanna do more testing but means i have to go away to brisbane or newcastle or syd so they can get some fluid out iv had bleeding but it seems to have settled down now but the tests results i got today is scarrying me if anyone else has had this prob or any info pls help i just wanna no should i do the testing or ect cause doc did say to me the baby does look fine even at the ultrsound everything look fine just its my levels pls help
ness

venessa,nsw, 3 year old girl, #2: EDD 17/7/07

Hi Ness,
I know exactly what you are going through, because I went through it twice.
The tests that I believe you are talking about are called CVS.
I had the first one because I "failed" the scan with DS. I had a CVS vaginally the next day. It basically felt like a pap smear.
The second one I had with this pregnancy because I "failed" the blood screening side. This time I had the CVS done through my stomach with a large needle that goes to the placenta. (like amniocentisis but takes cells from the placenta not the fluid). This procedure I found to be more painful although I had a local. I had cramping for days.
I had mine done here in Newcastle, because that's where I'm from.
I would recommend that you also ask for FISH results. These are results that you get within 48hrs of having it done. These are for the usual 4 "common" abnormalities, downs etc. It does cost extra to get these results, but will put your mind at ease. As the results can normally take 2 weeks.
Both my babies are fine, one is living proof, and the other one although still cooking came back all clear.
Bonus is you can also find out the sex with 100% knowledge it's correct.
Hope this helps, good luck.

1 monkey, 1 diva = the love of my life

Sign in to follow this topic