Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. Overactive Imagination, causing stress

Overactive Imagination, causing stress Rss

Hi, I am 21yrs old and just found out that I am 5-6 weeks pregnant, I have always looked forward to this and always hoped it would be an enjoyable and happy time. However my mind seems to be running overtime and I am finding myself stressed and not as happy as I'd like to be. Alot of What If's? I need to shake my negative thinking so i can enjoy this time, but Im finding it impossible

Becky,NZ,6 weeks pregnant

hey becky

well im no expert but i was in the same position you are now when i found out i was pregnant didnt think that i was spose to feel like that at all but as time went by and i started to feel baby kick and move around it all became real that there was this baby inside of me and i got all excited smile so what your feeling is totally normal so just keep ya chin up and good luck to you hope to hear from you soon

renee edd 14.12.03

Hey. I have a 17month old and am expecting my second in March. I think everyone gets really excited and worried about how their baby will be, will it be alright and how good a parent will I be. its just natural. Sit down and maybe write out all your concerns and then eliminate them one by one by finding out as much info as you can. i found it so much less stressful by knowuing anything and everything about my pregnancy and what some of the basic options were about stuff. I got a really good book that goes through quite a bt of stuff.
See ya
You sound just like me!

I am 28 and this is my first pregnancy, I have been wanting a baby for years and years, there was nothing wrong, we just though more financial stability would be better - HA, like there is such a thing! So we bit the bullet and jumped in head first, we got pregnant the second month!

So just like you I had REALLY been looking forward to this... I guess I had some vague notions of what was involved but I wasn't behaving in any of the ways I thought I would... I always believed having children was the most natural thing in the world, I mean people and animals do it every minute of every day - right?

Well, I couldn't believe the things that I was thinking and dreading... It felt like the most unnatural thing in the world! I thought I had an ectopic pregnancy, I thought I was having a miscarriage, I ate all the right vitamins but got back some bad blood tests so thought I had damaged the baby by my actions (dreadful guilt), then the blood tests were ok again, but then I was worrying I wasn't eating enough of the nutrients the baby needed in my diet without the vitamins, I read so much stuff and some of the warning signs were the same as the usual prenancy symptoms? etc, etc, I was so confused...

My best advice is to book in for the Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound at 11 - 13 weeks, not so much for the tests for down syndrome (which also puts your mind at ease) but more just so you can see your little jellybean - I absolutely LOVED it, I couldn't believe it was so developed already, with a cute little button nose! And I swear in the photo he/she is smiling at me! And I couldn't believe how much he/she was moving around in there - so I felt "surely somebody so active is going to survive the long haul"!!! And to see the heart pumping, well no words needed there...

And since then I just have this feeling of calm, knowing that everything is going to be just fine... I just look at that little picture on the fridge and have a giggle.

Like me, you may even have this scan before you have a check up at the hospital (I'm nearly 16 weeks and STILL haven't had my first general check up) busy at the hospital I guess...

You just need to go to any old GP and ask for a referral letter to the closest Ultrasound/Xray clinic asking for the NT scan and related blood tests, then call them at the clinic (number should be on the referral letter) and make an appointment - nobody told me this stuff so I hope it is useful to you?

Luv Laura xxx (Sydney, 1st pregnancy)

Sign in to follow this topic