Huggies Forum

Sympathetic Pregnancy Lock Rss

Is there really such a thing as a sympathetic pregnancy? (ie. Husbands/Partners experiencing the symptoms of pregnancy) My partner seems to suffer from similar symptoms to me, he is nausious in the mornings and sometimes is actually sick, he has cravings to the point where he lies in bed and has to get up because he feels like something in particular, he has also started putting on weight around the tummy (although this could be because of his cravings). People have said to me that he may be going through a sympathetic pregnancy, is this a real thing that happens? My partner has 3 other kids and says he didn't have anything like this when his ex was pregnant with them.

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

I've heard that it definitely can happen. My husband thinks its happening to him too - he's gaining weight and is tired all the time even though we're eating really healthily and going to bed a lot earlier lately. It doesn't happen to all men and I'm sure it wouldn't happen in all pregnancies either. It must be a pain for you if you have to pamper to him though!!!

Mum to Caitlin & Owain

yes there is such a thing my best friend (male) got all the morning sickness and cramps and sore hips the works, he even spent the hole day in agany rom stomach cramps the day i had my daughter and he didn't even know i was in labour untill it was all over. so it does happen, i think it just depends on how in touch with thier emotions the person is and how close you are to them mentally
My hubby had a sympathic pregnancy up until i was 4 months. The morning sickness, tiredness and weight gain. I thought he was just being stupid in the beginning but as time went on so did his syptoms. Pity he didn't get the sympathy labour pains!!!

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

Sign in to follow this topic