Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Can I Do This???? Lock Rss

Hi all,

This is the first time i have actually posted to a forum but I am needing some help/reassurance, some words of advice. I am a mum to 4 beautiful children aged 5, 3, 2 & 8 months old. I am also a full time uni student and because of my husbands occupation I live at the other end of the country from my family. I have just taken a home pregnancy test, becuase after 4 kids you start to realise that the sickness in the morning usually has a reason...low and behold im pregnant again. We have only had sex once since my last period, hubby is away on course. I know that once is all it takes, and i know we are very blessed to be able to conceive to easily. I have friends and realtives who have been trying for years to fall pregnant, and we manage to do it without even trying. The problem I have is that i dont know if I can look after another baby. I am worried about myself, and my other babies. Can i really give them the attention they need at the young age they are. We have only just recently moved to our new house so the opportunity to move back to family is years away. While I have already developed a fabulous support group with other mums and wives, I worry is this the right decision to make for our family right now. Many of you might think the decision is already made, and you are right, we are having another baby. I would love to hear from other mums with such young children and even those with the same number to give me advise on how to work our already busy schedule with yet another beautiful baby...

Thanks for letting me ramble folks.....
wow! you sound like you have a lot on your plate. I can't even look after 1 little munchkin let alone four! Plus uni?! You are certainly Superwoman!

Like I said, I only have 1 bubba but I personally have four sisters. My dad was never home- he was always in hospital ( not a well man) and mum was basically on her own. Mum said she felt bad that Daughter 4 and 5 never received the same attention as the others because she was always at the hospital etc. I can't even begin to imagine how tough that was for her at the time.

Both girls loved looking up to us older ones and were crawling at 5 months, walking by 7-9. They just had so many role models. All of us were inseperable. We kept each other busy and entertained. We leaned on eachother even when Mum had her hands full elsewhere. We knew Mum loved us ( she made it very clear) but we also knew she had other things on her plate. We are all grown up now and we are all very well balanced and independent people. Our mum is an inspiration to us as you will be to your kids.

It sounds like you would give your kids all the love and support they need. You sound very dedicated.

I know the circumstances are different, but don't worry about not giving them enough attention. Quality, not quantity is what counts.

Hi all,

This is the first time i have actually posted to a forum but I am needing some help/reassurance, some words of advice. I am a mum to 4 beautiful children aged 5, 3, 2 & 8 months old. I am also a full time uni student and because of my husbands occupation I live at the other end of the country from my family. I have just taken a home pregnancy test, becuase after 4 kids you start to realise that the sickness in the morning usually has a reason...low and behold im pregnant again. We have only had sex once since my last period, hubby is away on course. I know that once is all it takes, and i know we are very blessed to be able to conceive to easily. I have friends and realtives who have been trying for years to fall pregnant, and we manage to do it without even trying. The problem I have is that i dont know if I can look after another baby. I am worried about myself, and my other babies. Can i really give them the attention they need at the young age they are. We have only just recently moved to our new house so the opportunity to move back to family is years away. While I have already developed a fabulous support group with other mums and wives, I worry is this the right decision to make for our family right now. Many of you might think the decision is already made, and you are right, we are having another baby. I would love to hear from other mums with such young children and even those with the same number to give me advise on how to work our already busy schedule with yet another beautiful baby...

Thanks for letting me ramble folks.....
Sign in to follow this topic