Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Pregnant again Lock Rss

Hi
I had my 1st baby on 1st January this year and am due again end of November early December. I had a hard time with my son just the whole new experience etc. I am happy to be having another so close but also anxious about how to cope, can I love another? Will it affect my first?

Any advice from anyone out there that has had the same thing happen or living it now PLEASE PLEASE post some replies. I know later on when they are older it will be lovely as they will be close, I was an only child for 11 years so it can be a lonely world with no sibling. I am hoping to have between 4 - 6 children.

Look forward to any advice, suggestions and experiences.

Thanks

Ari, QLD

Hi Ari ,

Im not in this exact situation , but a good friend of mine was. We all had our bubs Jan 2005 and she fell pregnant that march. She now has a 15 month old daughter and a 4 and a half old son. She too was a bit aprahensive , but she is doing great. She said a good routine is needed and she is lucky cause her daughter is so good , and is a wonderful sleeper. You will be fine - just give it time and like you said they will be great mates , are you planning on having all your kids really close , i see you want 4 - 6 . Goodluck - you will have loads of beautiful memories , id sometimes love a big family , but i dont think i could cope. Take care jess.
dont worry it will all be ok. the important thing u need to remember they are your kids , no matter how many. goodluck
Hi Ari

i am in a similar situation as you i had my first 25th september last year and i am due with second 17th september this year.

I know it will probabaly be hard when the next one comes to be looking after 2 bubs but i think it will be really good for them to be close in age like you said when they grow up.

Yes i am sure you can love another bub just as much as your first i know it can seem a bit daunting now but just remember what is was like when you first looked at your first and the love you had i'm sure it will be the same.

I think in a way it will be good for the first bub because they are so young i think they will adjust to having a new brother or sister really well. well i hope thats how it will work anyway and before they know it they will forget that it was ever just them.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic