Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Pregnancy & Relationships
  5. just found out im 5 weeks and partner left 2 weeks ago

just found out im 5 weeks and partner left 2 weeks ago Lock Rss

Hi
My name is Kellie and im 23.
things just seem to go from bad to worse at the moment.
i got enaged on new years my boyfriend of 2 years. i was so happy.
up untill about 3 weeks ago everything seemed to be fine. until a 17 year old girl that lives at his dads house (dads g/f daughters best freind) told him she had a crush on him, and it all went down hill from there.
he left me 2 weeks ago to 'be his own man' and gave me a whole lot of other excuses.

i have just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant to him. I dont know what to do. im so dam confused. he pretty much told me he doesnt want anything to do with me (before i found out i was pregnant)so i can just imagine how hes going to feel now.

sorry to go on i just needed to get this off my chest.

thanks

Kellie

Kellie~ DS Rylan Jonathon 24/12/06 Ezekiel Arthur

This might be something that you need to talk to him about, regardless of what he said. Maybe this will be the thing that shakes him up enough to realise what an idiot he is and start being more responsible. Just remember that ultimately this is your decision, talk to someone you are close to and trust and use them for support while you are going through this tough time. I hope everything starts looking up for you.

Samantha - Taylah's mummy! 18/04/06

Kellie

I totally agree with what Samm said. You definetly need to tell him and talk to him about it. I could be wrong but I dare say it will change things if he knew.

If he was happy enough with the relationship to propose to you not long along he obviously loves you very much! I wouldnt worry about the other girl. Im sure what the two of you have is alot more special than anything she could offer.

Tell him what is going on and sit down and see what the two of you can work out. If you need to chat, I always have an ear to listen... Good luck

Jacquie, Mummy to Bailey, Tijana & Kaitlyn

hi kellie.
i think you need to talk to him about this as he is the father and deserves to know as well but you need to talk about the whole situation and adress why he needed to leave in the first place i think it was beacuse of the younger girl to flirt /sleep with and if hes going to be involved will he be with you as well or just for the baby or if you get back togther thats its not just for the babys sake

because its your happiness and bubs that comes first before some sleazy young bloke, if he was so easy to throw u away after 2 years for some sl*t
and you cant force him to come back and u dont want him to have excuses to leave again saying he feels smothered by these tie downs also thoughts if u put him in the picture will he stay in the picture and not confuse the baby its your choice and iam jsut a open person... also another thing do u tell him so he can claim to maybe to one day claim rights to him single parents there days ahve way more communty options and helps out there

hope this helps

mother of three beautiful children

kellie

You do need to tell him about the baby but only for the simple reason that he is the sperm doner

Before you tell him you need to dig real deep and find out what do you want out of life and what support do you have ??

Be strong and dont waver from what you want for you and your baby,if he fits into the picture somewhere than you need to tell him what he can and cant do .If he is flakey enough to be swayed by some young tart then is he going to be strong enough to be a dad ?Being a dad is not just something you do out of obligation it is something that he needs to want to be and be strong enough to go through the hard years

jsut be strong kellie and you now tell him how it is going to be .The person that we love is not always the best person for us

Wish you the best of luck

frances
Hey Kellie

Your not the only one thats having a rough time too. I an 27 weeks pregnant and only recently just broke up with my boyfriend and kicked him out. He had met a girl online and has been chatting to her since start of this year. i found a phonebill with here phone number through the whole bill that was over 200 bux with her number. and confronted him and he said he didn't chat to her no more and it was nothing and only couple weekends ago i caught him talking to her on the phone and messages on his phone saying he had wanted to be with her and loved her etc. and everytime i asked him questions he would lie about it.
Another thing is i think he has another child as i keep find child support letters. but he says it isn't his and i dunno what to believe anymore.

i have chosen to cut him outta my life cos I don't think a woman has to put up with crap like that. It is not the first time he has cheated and he hasn't learnt.

I have cried over him and I now think to myself why? why should I cry over him when hes out there enjoying himself.

I have also keeping strong for my little girl aswell cos i don't wanna upset her either.

I just hope that next time I meet a decent guy who will love me aswell as my baby girl.

Hayley,QLD

Hi Kellie and Hayley,

I am a young mum, 21, and i have a beautiful 3month old daughter.

I found out i was pregnant at 30weeks, and my ex was long gone (long story) I would like to encourage you both to be strong and realise that your beautiful baby is your biggest priority now.

Kellie, it is up to you what you decide to do in regards to your ex. He has the right to know that you are both going to become parents in 8months. But it is your choice.

Hayley, I can not begin to understand what you must be going through. I broke up with DD father as a result of him cheating and found out he was engaged to her weeks after we split. I guess men being asses is (unfortunatley) common occurence. Be strong and think about your DD best interests, whether u decide this will mean he is involved or not. If you can't get a straight answer out of him it must be very hard. Especially the other support letters. Go with your gut instincts and think about what is best for your daughter and yourself.

Being a single mum is not the end of the world girls! I hope you both have supportive families and people you can talk to about what is happening. WHEN (not if) i find someone i plan on having more children and still have all the dreams and goals i had before i had DD, and am determined to acheive them to provide the best future possbile for my DD. You WILL find someone who will love you and your child more than you can imagine!

My DDs father reacted very badly to the news he was to become a father and wanted nothing to do with us. I have not spoken to him, nor heard from him since i was 32weeks pregnant. I believe that we are both better off without him. He is not named on her b/certificate, nor do i collect child support from him. But once again, this was my choice, which was aided by his reaction/words and choices he made.

If you would both like to chat or would like to email me to talk my msn/email is [email protected]

I wish i could give you both a huge hug and tell you everything will be ok. When my DD was born, it was the most amazing experience and day of my life. No-one can take that away from me. Nothing will ever change the way i feel about my DD- she is my precious beautiful gift and i can not imagine my life without her. It is her fathers loss that he is missing out on the joy and wonder of becoming a parent.

I hope to talk to you both soon! HUGZ for u both.

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

Hi Kellie
I am very sorry to hear about your situation, and can sympathise with you 100%.
My partner of 4 years and I have a 9 month old son, who we both adore, but 3 months ago we found out we were prgnant agin, and he left saying he couldn't love me anymore as he felt I had trapped him, and he couldn't love the new baby as much as he loves our son.
To have our son in the first place, I lost everything, Family, Friends, and Job.

Now I have to do this all on my own.

I'm scared.

But just remember, that being a mother is the most important, rewarding job in the world, and nothing can compare to the bond you have with you child.

Hope this helps

Zara

zara VIC 2 babies

Sign in to follow this topic