Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How long will it last? Rss

My husband and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks, and lately he has been absolutely fantastic to me. He has really surprised me- but I'm just a bit nervous that the novelty will wear off when the baby comes. He assures me it won't, but I want everything to go so smoothly when bubba comes along. Has anyone else got some similar experiences?

Mel, excited new mum to be!

MY PARTNER HAS BEEN GREAT TOO, HIS USUALLY PRETTY ATTENTIVE BUT HAS BEEN EXCELLENT ALL THROUGH PREGNANCY, HIS VERY EXCITED!
MY BEST FRIEND RECENTLY HAD A BUB AND SHE SAID THE SAME BOUT HER MAN. HE WAS EXCELLENT STRAIGHT AFTER BIRTH, ONCE HE HAD SHOWN HER OFF TO EVERYONE HE CALMED DOWN A BIT! BUT HE IS STILL A GREAT LOVING DAD AND PARTNER.
You need to remember a new baby can change so many things. Also your hormones are doing all sorts of things at the moment and you would be very nervous about having a new baby in the house and wondering what everything is going to be like. Looking at the date on this you would have had the baby by now, just wondering how it is all going, has the treatment from your husband continued?
hi tanya. i agree! i see you also have 3 under 3!
my eldest is 3 in may, middle one is 17 months & the baby is 3 1/2 months.
fun hey? sorry about typing bit hard with bub on lap

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I have three boys, 11, 9 and 1 year this sunday. My husband shocked me with the first son, I didnt have to lift a finger in hospital but when I came home, that was different, he had to go to work and I was left on my own. Since then we have had two other sons and another son on the way any day now, and over time he has become THE best dad and husband, he may act like a total MAN but when the chips are down hes there when I really need him and I'm sure your husband will be the same.

Karen, Brisbane mum of 3 1/2

I think as long as you get to spend even just a little bit of time alone with your husband each day it makes it so much easyer and happier, even if it is just while bub is asleep or if you have your showers together etc. Just having chit-chat can really help.
I think the same as you I got 2 step childen and they go to bed at 7.30 or 8.00 and my little one go at 7 or 7.30 to and he plays a game on the Computer so i just go to bed..

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Hi Melody,
If you have faith in your husband & you dont lose any trust in each other you will find after the baby is born you will be even closer but when your baby gets older dont let the child come between you or try to play you's against each other because they do try to do that so keep your communication lines open & the best thing to do is of a nite when you go to bed discusse what the child has been up to that day & make him be involved i have 2 boys & another on the way im due in April 04.
My husband & i have our own buisness & i very rarely see him & when i do we fight because of the kids PLEASE DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU???
By the way im only 26y.o but i love my kids.
Good luck

Leonnie Mother

hi just wanted some advice
when does this morning sickness pass!!! i am 14 weeks and have not been able to go to work. is it really this hard through the whole pregnancy???
hi melody thts freaky my name is melody also lol

my partner has been really good so far, but we have our moments.

i guess its just something u both have to work on an talk about, cause we have moments where he is really good then not.

take care

from melody

Sign in to follow this topic