Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Herbal remedies Rss

When I first fell pregnant this time round I had really bad morning sickness, so I went to the chemist to check out their range of herbal remedies. I found one containing aloe vera and almost bought it until a shop assistant told me that she wasn't sure if it was safe to take during pregnancy so she rang the company that made it and they gave her another number to ring. After three or four phone calls to different people she discovered that taking anything with aloe vera in it while pregnant can cause miscarriages. There were no warnings on this product and if it wasn't for her I'd hate to think what would of happened to my baby. Does any body else know of any popular herbal remedies that are dangerous when pregnant?????

Nicole, Bayley 3 and Jordan 18mths

Raspberry Leaf Tea, is taken to strengthen your muscles before and during birth.
I used it and I believe that’s why I had a really short pushing stage.
But you should only start taking it 9 weeks before your due date, otherwise it can bring on contractions too early in the pregnancy which can lead to an early birth.

I think it is a great product when used the right way.
I am due in 4wks and have just started drinking the rasberry leaf tea today. Iwas just wondering if anyone knew how much i should drink?

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Two or more a DAy

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

good luck

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Hi

I took rasberry leaf tablets I started by taking 2 three times a day and built up to 4 three times a day. I dilated very quickly everything would of went of fast and great if my little girl didn't get stuck so I had a forcep delivery. I will still be taking them next time as I still believe this made it go faster. If you drink the teas it is not as strong as the tablets, I was tolled you have to drink 5-10 glasses a day (I took the tables as it is easier and it does not taste as bad as the tea)

Good luck

Lee,QLD,18/12/02 baby girl 26/09/05 baby boy

where can u get these tablets from plz help me coz i would really like to no thanx

karen

I just wanted to thank who ever first posted about the rasberry leaf tea as I really think it helped. I dialated 8cm in 3 hours.

Will def use again.

Hi all,

Me too, on the do it again thing! I may not have dialated that quickly, but arrived at hospital at 8cms! i am proud of that!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

the only thing my doc told me i was allowed to take while preggas was panadol. everything else is a huge no no NO HERBAL STUFF IS RECOMMENDED i had gastro while preggas and asked about herbal stuff she said NOOOOOO i also had a HUGELY horrifficly bad cold i asked about herbal cold and flu tablets that was a huge no also. dont take anything while preggas. have ginger snaps and ginger beer for morning sickness

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I have also heard about a herbal product called '5W' which apparentely is great for a quick and easy labour. Does anybody know anything about this product? Has anybody taken it and can/can't recommend it?

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

Sign in to follow this topic