Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

wanting everything to go alright Rss

hi, my name is rebel, im 28, and happily married we have just found out that we are expecting and we are due in july 2004, the problem is that im worried that something might happen because we have waited so long for this to happen and also my best friend was pregs with twins and at 24 weeks went in to labour she had a boy and a girl, they lost the boy after 2 days and the little girl after 8 and im worried that we might lose ours, thanks for listening reb

Rebel, vic, only 5 weeks

Hi Rebel,

Firstly, a big CONGRATULATIONS, to you and your hubby! I don't have the answers you are probably looking for, but want you to know it is normal to be concerned about the welfare of your new unborn bub!

Yes, things do go wrong, but know that they are a minority, and modern technology now picks up lot of these problems early! You may not have had an ultrasound yet, but when you do you will see a wriggly little bub with a heart beat, then you will also know that everything is going as it should!

I wish you a happy and relaxing pregnancy, and hope to hear more as things progress,

Tepe

PS This comes from me who stressed for 40wks! As if i should be passing on advice! wink

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

hey there

let me just say a very BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your awaiting bundle of joy smile

well i dont know if im going to be much help cause im also a first time mother to be ( 1 week and 5 days to go ) but all i can say to you is that i found i was exactly the same as you are now when i found out the first thing other than joy that hit me was that something could go wrong cause i had an ectopic last year and was told i couldnt have kids so when i found out i cryed and then it hit me that something could go wrong but once i got that point of they knew baby was in the right place and she was coming along really well and that everything was doing what it was spose to be i found that all the immdiate worrys went away but even now i still have worrys that somethings going to go wrong but im also thinking positively..... and you know the old saying

good things take time........

thats what you and your hubby have done made something wonderfully good

so good luck to you and if you want to keep in touch email me on ruby@slingshot.co.nz

renee edd 14.12.03

Hi Rebel,

I was so excited to read your post. I just found out that I am pregnant with baby number 2 and I am due JULY 2004. I understand your fears and concerns. I had 2 miscarriages in a roww before I had my beautiful daughter who is about to turn one next week. I am currently approx. 7 weeks pregnant and can't really relax untill the first trimester is over. Both my miscarriages occurred around 9 weeks. I had ultrasounds and was told both times there was no feotal heart beat, it was pretty devastating. But you can't base your experience on your friends. Look after yourself, stay healthy, get plenty of rest and above all pay attention to your body, it will let you know if something is wrong. Congratulations!!! Enjoy your first pregnancy there is nothing like it in the whole wide world!!! And think of all the wonderful things yet to come... July 2004 babies are going to be great. Michelle smile
Congratulations Rebel!!! smile
I just thought i would drop a quick line.
I am 21wks pregas now. I too worry about something going wrong. So much that I cant sleep at times.
When i spoke to my ob about it, he encouraged me to try relax and enjoy the pregnancy. Technolgy these days is pretty good at early detection. I try not to think about all the bad stories i hear.

enjoy, relax and be positive, i suggest chat with ur quack about your concerns.
This is your own experience. We're all different. All the best Rebel

Bris, Bubby Breannah 22.04.04 n Patrick 17.01.06

Hi Rebel

My son is almost 5 months old now, and I just wanted to tell you that what you are feeling is totally normal. All I did in my first 13 weeks was worry and cry (of course being an emotional pregnant woman didn't help), but I was so scared. My pregnancy was not planned,but after the shock had disappeared,I couldn't imagine my life without my child, so I was so scared something was going to happen. We all worry darl,its your motherly instincts starting already!Its so sad what happened to your friend,but don't let that keep you so scared that you don't enjoy your pregnancy.

GoodLuck Sweetie, it will all go great smile

Marti

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

I am also a first timer expecting in Early July.

You are not alone, I also worry so much something will go wrong, I had my frist U/S at 8 weeks. I was so worried about an ectopic pregnancy as I was feeling pains in my left side. Thankfully all was going well and I did SEE the heartbeat which made me feel more relaxed, I am now 11 weeks and admit I still worry, it must be natures way of preparing us for motherhood.... I have my next U/S (NT Screening) on the 16th and cant wait.

My heart goes out to your friend, I read a poem recently about taking time for granted.... one line said "to know the true value of nine months talk to a woman who has given birth to a sleeping baby... " I now apreciate every minute.

Try to enjoy every moment of your pregnancy there is no point stressing or greiving about something that has not happened.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Lisa x

Lisa, WA, EDD 1st July 04

Lisa,
Your post made me cry and touched me deeply and whilest I haven't given birth to "a sleeping baby" I have experienced the loss with 2 miscarriages in a row. I felt like those little souls inside me got ripped out before they even had a chance. I was lucky enough 3rd time round to have a perfect daughter and I spend evryday of my life being greatful for the precious gift of her life. I now am pregnant with my 2nd and again I pray that everything will be okay. Life is just so precious and I think some of us take it for granted sometimes. Thankyou for touching my heart with your poem quote... smile Michelle
Sign in to follow this topic