Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Toothpaste to use during pregnancy? Rss

Hiya!

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a toothpaste that is safe to use during pregnancy. I am currently using a colgate mint flavoured toothpaste and haven't had any problems using it but I do remember reading somewhere that peppermint flavoured toothpaste can cause m/c!?

It seems like the more and more and I read about things, the less and less products I am using and eating. Oh boy, it's a tough life being pregnant, I can't even eat a peanut butter sandwich and I used to eat those all the time. sad
As long as you aren't swallowing it, what you are using should be safe. I've never heard that about peppermint toothpaste before.

Why cant you have peanut butter sandwiches? I ate them all the time when I was pregnant.
I have never heard the toothpaste thing. I should think that if it was true then midwives would be warning people about it.

If you're not eating peanut butter because of the allergy link, they have actually disproved that now. I had HEAPS of peanut butter toast while I was pregnant last time and my daughter has no issues with nuts smile

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Tickled*pink wrote:
As long as you aren't swallowing it, what you are using should be safe. I've never heard that about peppermint toothpaste before.

Why cant you have peanut butter sandwiches? I ate them all the time when I was pregnant.

I was reading that if you eat peanuts during pregnancy you can pass on a nut allergy to the child but as per reading the comment below yours that has been disproved now. I'm off to eat a piece of peanut butter toast right now! lol
Zinkles wrote:
I have never heard the toothpaste thing. I should think that if it was true then midwives would be warning people about it.

If you're not eating peanut butter because of the allergy link, they have actually disproved that now. I had HEAPS of peanut butter toast while I was pregnant last time and my daughter has no issues with nuts smile

Thank gosh it's been disproved. I absolutely LOVE peanut butter, can't imagine not eating it actually. smile
Oh! I don't know what toothpaste is okay now either!! SACCHARIN is a no no, and is an artificial sweetener put in toothpastes >< does anyone know if there is a toothpaste with pregnancy safe ingredients? gasp
Sign in to follow this topic