Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Travel to Egypt in first trimester Rss

I have just found out that I am pregnant and have a trip planned for Egypt. I will be 9 weeks at the time of travel. The trip also includes camel and donkey rides. Is it safe? Any advice?
[Edited on 01/02/2010]
I travelled to Bangkok in my first tri - I was 9 weeks - and it was awful. It was muggy and all the smells got to me and anytime I stepped outside the hotel I would feel nauseas (?Sp) I spent the majority of the time in bed. And was so scared of what I was eating all the time, I pretty much ate at maccas cos I thought it was safer than local restaurants etc.. This is my first pregnancy so was totally unprepared for how utterly exhausted I would be. I literally got up for breakfast then went back to the hotel and slept til dinner. My travel companion wasnt impressed LOL. Im not sure about camel rides - I would steer clear If i were you, all that bouncing around cant be good. Make sure you only drink bottled water too. Good luck and happy travels smile

I would defo go! As long as you eat at the 5 star hotels you will be fine! I have been to Egypt twice, both times for 1 week each and we have taken a group of 48 school children and no one has got sick, no diarreoa, stomach bugs, nothing. The food there is great, just stay away from tap water - even when brushing your teeth and some of the local stalls.
As for riding a camel, it's not as bouncy as riding a horse and I presume people still do that? It's always quite padded as well, but I would say that if you were really worried about it then just miss that out.
Hard decision to make but Egypt is a wonderful place, what month are you planning on going? Right now the weather is perfect, probably about 25 degrees
I'm not concerned about safety as such. It's no worse in Egypt than anywhere else in the world IMO. After all, in the US you could be shot at random in a shopping mall by a crazy gunman with an obscure grievance.

What you must do is make sure you have full medical and travel insurance cover ( https://travelsites.com/travel-insurance/ ) for the remote chance that anything does go wrong.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
simbameg wrote:
I have just found out that I am pregnant and have a trip planned for Egypt. I will be 9 weeks at the time of travel. The trip also includes camel and donkey rides. Is it safe? Any advice?
[Edited on 01/02/2010]

My sister's doctor said she should wait for the second trimester to fly. He says its the only safest period to travel
Sign in to follow this topic