Huggies Forum

Travel to Egypt in first trimester Lock Rss

I have just found out that I am pregnant and have a trip planned for Egypt. I will be 9 weeks at the time of travel. The trip also includes camel and donkey rides. Is it safe? Any advice?
[Edited on 01/02/2010]
I travelled to Bangkok in my first tri - I was 9 weeks - and it was awful. It was muggy and all the smells got to me and anytime I stepped outside the hotel I would feel nauseas (?Sp) I spent the majority of the time in bed. And was so scared of what I was eating all the time, I pretty much ate at maccas cos I thought it was safer than local restaurants etc.. This is my first pregnancy so was totally unprepared for how utterly exhausted I would be. I literally got up for breakfast then went back to the hotel and slept til dinner. My travel companion wasnt impressed LOL. Im not sure about camel rides - I would steer clear If i were you, all that bouncing around cant be good. Make sure you only drink bottled water too. Good luck and happy travels smile

I would defo go! As long as you eat at the 5 star hotels you will be fine! I have been to Egypt twice, both times for 1 week each and we have taken a group of 48 school children and no one has got sick, no diarreoa, stomach bugs, nothing. The food there is great, just stay away from tap water - even when brushing your teeth and some of the local stalls.
As for riding a camel, it's not as bouncy as riding a horse and I presume people still do that? It's always quite padded as well, but I would say that if you were really worried about it then just miss that out.
Hard decision to make but Egypt is a wonderful place, what month are you planning on going? Right now the weather is perfect, probably about 25 degrees
simbameg wrote:
I have just found out that I am pregnant and have a trip planned for Egypt. I will be 9 weeks at the time of travel. The trip also includes camel and donkey rides. Is it safe? Any advice?
[Edited on 01/02/2010]

My sister's doctor said she should wait for the second trimester to fly. He says its the only safest period to travel
Sign in to follow this topic