Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Asthma during Pregnancy Rss

Hello a friend of ours has been diagnosed with Asthma due to her pregnancy.......
She has been told there is not much she can take due to her being pregnant. This sounds really cruel to me. Has anyone else heard this? Can she use a Ventolin inhaler?? I would appreciate hearing from anyone with advice or opinions. Thanks.
ive had asthma all my life and all through out my pregnancy i used my ventolin and another asthma puffer my doc said it doesnt do anything to harm the baby cause it for my breathing. so i dont see why she cant use them.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

Hi salwa thank you very much. It sounded pretty strange to me. She is a person who likes to do things naturally so perhaps she just doesnt want to take anything. But to me that would be very unsafe for both of them. Either that or she needs to see another Dr!!! I do some more investigations.............Thanks again!!
i dono if theres anything natural she can do about it but if shes not breathing properly then her whole body wont be working properly. my kids are now 19mths and 6mth and they have no signs of haveing asthma which is great. just remind her it does notin to the baby.

Salwa, 2 girls, sydney

During my first pregnancy I got a bad cold which really triggered off my asthma. When I went to the doctor he advised ventolin, and another puffer which I can't remember the name of. I was worried about taking them, but he advised that the lack of oxygen I was experiencing through an attack would be more dangerous to the baby than any drugs I could take. I took the drugs, and my daughter, now 2.5 yrs is fine.

mum to 2 girls

Hi Janeen,

Just backing up what everyone else has said, my sis has asthma, and has always used both her puffers. She is now 12 weeks off No3.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

i have really bad asthma. i use ventolin inhaler, i use a nebuliser with atrovent and ventolin.

IT DOES NOT HARM THE BABY

my doc said so if she is asthamatic you cant afford not to have your medication you could DIE

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Sign in to follow this topic