Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Spa Bath during Pregnancy Rss

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and want to know if having a spa bath with the jets on is advisable.
Hi Jodie

I believe that the problem with spa baths is more the possibility of your base body temp getting too high, as well as the risk of infection from public spa's. I think if you have your own spa and don't have it too hot then its okay.
Wish I had one !!!!!!

Carmel,Vic, 2 and counting...

Hi, I was told that under no circumstances you should have a spa due to the temp risk as your body temp is so much higher during pregnancy you put the baby at risk. I must admit I didn't know this fact until I joined the gym and they told me not to go near the spa............

Hope this helps

S Brooks, Hobart

Hello Jodie T on a recent holiday we stayed at a resort. They had a spa which had a sign saying no children unattended, no bad behaviour, no diving and in big letters NO PREGNANT WOMEN. It didnt say why but I am guessing it has something to do with the heat. I would contact a place where they either sell or make spas and ask them.
i got told by the doctor when i asked under NO circumstances was i to have a spa. massages and massaging chairs also are not allowed.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

I think there is a pretty big difference between a spa bath in your bathroom which you will bath yourself at a reasonable temp with some jets on (prob a good idea to keep your legs closed though) and a spa that you might have outside or at a swim centre where the water is pretty hot and you dehydrate.

best to talk to your dr (even just give them a call)

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

if you what a spa bath not to put the jets on ur bak and if you are in ur late pregancy like 30 and so on weeks to be careful due to the really hot water can bring on labour

so yeah

first time mum

Sign in to follow this topic