Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Weight gain during pregnancy Rss

I was just wondering how much weight mums put on during their pregnancies.
I am over 34wks and have only put on 8kgs. I jump on the scales hopfully most mornings but not much changes.
I thought i would be gaining weight quite rapidly by now!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Just watch what you eat ...

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

Well half your luck with my first child i gained 15kg and now i'm only 26weeks and have gained 10kg all ready i don't eat that much. Trust me if the doctor though your weight gain is a problem he would do something about it. the less you put on the easier it will be to loss it.

goodluck

Tracy, NSW,12mth & expecting

Thats good you only put 8kg i put on 8 kg to and lost it when i had him a baby Ethan was born on the 30 NOV 2002 .. my friend put on 15 kg she is trying so had to take it of that was FEB she lost 5 kg but because she not breast feeding if you breast feeding you will loss of of it....

Johanne_Chambers@yahoo.com.au plainland qld

I am 22 weeks and have put on a little over 6kg. I am getting so confused reading different information about what to expect in regards to weight gain. Immediately prior to falling pregnant i was on a major weight loss program and am very paranoid about putting on weight and knowing what is the right or a good amount to gain.
hello tepe
I too only put on around 12 kgs but towards the end of my pregnancy I actually lost a kg or 2.
My gyno wasn"t concerned because of the weight as it was all baby.
Now I'm struggling hard to put on some weight.
So if your health care provider isn't worried which I think would'nt be enjoy your last weeks and eattttttt
lol good luck and keep us posted about bub.
take care

mary

mary.NSW 11 month baby

Well everything went wonderfully and i had a 7lb baby 2wks early (exackly the same as first time round). I swear i walked out of hospital 12hrs later my prenatel size. Lucky me! I still don't fit into my jeans but almost.
With my first daughter i put on 15kgs and i felt like a balloon for months.
I'm certainly not struggling to put on weight but i can now eat like a horse and not worry about it because of the breastfeeding!

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSS TEPE
iS IT A BOY OR GIRL???
I so totally agree with you in regards to breastfeeding.
I only stayed in hospital the 1 night too.
Hope to hear from you soon.
love mary

mary.NSW 11 month baby

hi there
anything between 10-15 kgs is very normal.
anyway your gyno or health care provider weighs you each month??
If they were concerned they would have told you,so don't worry and its a big no-no to diet while pregnant.
By the way you haven't really put on that much weight so i presume its all baby.
I put on atound 12 kgs and actually lost 2 kgs in the last month.
all is well
take care

mary.NSW 11 month baby

Hi Mary, thanks for caring!
I had a baby boy and everything went like clockwork.I arrived at hospital at 7-8cm, delivered in less than 4hrs after that. The only reason i stayed in hospital was he was born at 10.45pm, and they wouldn't let me go till morning when the staff were there to check him again. I left 4hrs after No1. I HATE the place as you can see.

Hello,
This is my first message!! I am 23 weeks and have put on 8kg already!! This is mostly around my bum and the baby itself!! I am worried about how much i will put on in the later months!

cara, NSW, 22 weeks pregnant

Oh my goodness, I can't believe u are all complaining I've put on 14kg and still have a few weeks to go! Now I feel like an animal and thought I was doing alright? EEEK!!!

Mum to 3 boys, baby girl!!!

Sign in to follow this topic