Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. I'm about to join the 2 under 2 club!!!

I'm about to join the 2 under 2 club!!! Rss

Hi to all the mum's out there trying to conceive or those that have conceived! I have a beautiful daughter who is about to turn one next week and I've just found out that I am about 7 weeks pregnant with baby number 2! My husband and I started talking about having another baby after our daughter turned one, but started trying to conceive when she was 10 months old. We didn't expect it to happen straight away but it did and we couldn't be happier. This means that we will have baby number 2 in July 2004!!! And the age gap between one and two will be 19 months. My only concern at the moment, putting a bit of a downer on my excitement is my history of miscarriages. I had 2 in a row before I conceived my daughter. But once the first trimester is over I can sit back relax and enjoy the fantastic experience of being pregnant a secnd time. Then I will be a part of the 2 under 2 club...
Congrats! My husband and I want to try to conceive number 2 but I haven't got my cycle back yet. I am quite frustrated about that but I guess mother nature will take its course and hopefully before our first is one we will have conceived. Good luck throughout your pregnancy - let us know how you go. Are you going to find out the sex?

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi desertgirl, Thanks for the congrats. I sure will be finding out the sex... I can't wait that long to find out! We have a beautiful daughter who is just days away from being one, so my husband would like a boy. I don't mind what the sex is, just looking forward to the new baby. Sorry to hear that your cycle hasn't returned yet, but like you said mother nature will do what it has to do. My daughter was 10 months old when I conceived and it happened first go which we certainly didn't expect!!! I had 2 miscarriages before my daughter so as you can see it hasn't always come easy for me either. I want to thank you for your reply and wish you good luck in your future attempts to conceive, just remember to relax okay... Maddys Mum smile ...will keep you posted.
Hi maddychelle, I have a little boy who is 9 months and am trying for another. I could be pregnant right now Im not sure.I would love to be pregnant by feb, when my boy turns one.
Have you thought about double prams? when will you put your first into a bed, or will you get another cot?
I would love to hear if your pregnacy will be the same.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Congratulations! So thrilled for you! How did you decide when to have number two? I am very clucky for another but am also very unsure of when is the right time. I would love to hear how you came to the decision.
Hi Mishka,
Thanks for your reply. I wanted to answer your questions. Firstly, no I wont be getting a double pram. I have a great single pram and I recently bought a stroller (so much easier to get around the shops with my 12 month old). As for when I will put my daughter to a bed? I'm not really sure, probably after the baby is born, but not straight away. She already has a single bed in her room with her cot, so she is very used to it. I lay her on it to dress her and do nappy changes. She loves the "big bed". I am 8 weeks pregnant now all seems well so far. Thanks again for your reply smile
I look forward to hearing how things turn out for you. Goodluck, Michelle
Hi anniesmum,
Thanks so much for your reply smile How did I decide to try for number 2? Well there were lots of things, I was clucky and hinting to my husband that I wanted another baby, he of course wasn't ready. We discussed having another baby and decided to try when our daughter turned one. But in October (when our daughter was 10 months) my husband just said lets start trying it probably wont happen straight away... but it did. The biggest factors in our descision were that we wanted our children to grow up close in age and also another mum said that we are still in "baby mode" so it would be easier to slip back into the middle of the night feeds and extra work that comes with a new born. I think the right time for everyone is different. We also worked out if we could afford for me not to go back to work yet and how we would cope with 2 babies under 2. It helps that our daughter is a very easy going child and adjusts well to all situations, she take everything in her stride. I just feel lucky and hope that everything turns out okay. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best... let me know how you go. smile Michelle
Hi maddychelle,
How is the pregnancy going? Are you feeling well? Are you doing anything different this time around? Will you be using the same hospital? Same Doctor? My husband & I have discussed having a second & will wait a little longer. Our baby is 7 months, so we'd like to have a nice holiday next year & then think about trying for a second.
Love to hear how it's all going,
Anniesmum
Hi anniesmum,

The pregnancy is going well as far as I can tell. I had some bouts of nausea that lasted all day, but that has disappeared now. I am really, really tired though. I am not doing anything different this time round. I have a lot less time to think about being pregnant with my very active 1 year old daughter. I would be GREAT if I wasn't so tired. I'm headed back to the doctor this week for blood tests and all that stuff and plan to book in for an ultrasound as soon as I can. I am 9 weeks now and feeling pretty confident that all will be okay. Enjoy your holiday, we've put ours back at least another year now... but I don't mind. I will be using the same doctor and hospital. I went public with my daughter and got treated really well so I have no reason to change. I do feel a bit better prepared this time round, knowing a bit of what to expect. I am not as tense as I was with my first pregnancy. I promise to keep you posted on progress and thanks for your interest. smile Michelle
Hi to all mum's about to be mum's again or trying to become mum's again. I have a 21 mth old girl, a 9 mths old girl and I am 6 weeks pregnant with the third. We were going to try for the third in Feb but fell pregnant straight away.

My first two children are 12 months apart and alot of people thought I was crazy then, imagine what they think with my second and third being 17 months apart.

Anyway I just wanted to say it doesn't matter if you are in the 2 under 2 club, or like me I will be the 3 under 3 club. It is all good, and if we love having children like I do, then I can't see the problem with having them close to together. Just don't take any notice of the negatitive people, who think you are mad, like they do me. Stay positive and enjoy the wonderful magic of bringing a child into this world. They don't call us miracle mums for nothing.

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Hi Maddychelle,
How are you doing? Im not pregnant yet unfortunately. We have decided to give it a break for xmas new year. I dont want to regret having a couple of drinks and food Im not ment to eat.
So when number two comes along, number one will just have to walk?
What about booster seats? What will you do when your 2nd will need a baby seat? Will you just use a capsule for a few months?
I will let you know when I get pregnant, we will try in a couple of weeks!
Take care

Hi Elle,
Can you let me in on your daily routine of madness Id love to know what its like! As brief as you can be.

Sign in to follow this topic