Huggies Forum

when to stop the pill. Lock Rss

Hello ladies, my husband is sort of hinting that he would like to have more children, but I am not really sure, I have a 6 yr old and a 2 1/2 y.o. I love children dearly and cope very well considering that my 2 yr old still wont sleep for me and is going through the terrible 2,s, How ever hubby would still like another child. I do get clucky at times and my close friends around me are expecting again, or trying. I have always wanted 3, if i agree to this I would probably be thinking of later on next year mayby aroud June, How many months prior do I stop taking the pill. With my son I stopped the pill 3 months prior, What do you ladied reccommend.

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

hi,
im not sure if this will help but i read somewhere that 3/4 months is a good time so it gives you time for you to get back to "normal". i fell preggers while on the pill so thats no help.

good luck smile

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

Hi,

I can't really help with my own experiences as my first child I feel pregnant after 6mths off the pill, the second child I was breastfeeding the first child when I fell pregnant with the second and the third child I wasn't on the pill.

I have heard though that once you have had a child you are three times more fertile. I have also heard most people take around the 3-6mth average to fall pregnant the second time round.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Thanx so much guys for your replies so far, Ren : )

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

With my first I stopped taking the pill and fell pregnant 4 months later. With my second I stoped taking it and feel pregnant straight away, but m/c. After that I never went back on the pill and when started trying for a third time I feel pregnant 4 months later and still didn't go back on the pill and when we started trying again, fell pregnant straight away!

I have a 4yr and a 14mth who will be 19mth when no.3 is born!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I was on the pill for 10 years, and when I stopped taking it, I was pregnant the next month. It happened quicker than I was expecting!

Everybody is different I guess.

alphabits.com.au scrapbooking - ask me about it ..

I also stopped the pill, had one period and then was pregnant. It too happened a lot quicker than what we were expecting.

Aimee
I stopped the pill had a period, the first week then 2 weeks later we were pregnant but didn't know it for another 2 weeks so we were shoked too how quick it happened. prior to this i was on depo injections for 2 years then went to the pill so i could stop whenever we wanted to try for another one so it vary's with everyone, you can never tell.

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

Hi Sleepy Mum, give yourself as long as possible off the pill. Twelve months is ideal - I know - as if!! Three months is good! smile Just remember once you go off the pill to make sure that you replace the vitamins and minerals that the pill depletes you of. Believe me, it's pretty much everything. Get yourself a really good multivitamin (preferably not one from the supermarket) The pill depletes vitamins such as Vit B (this includes Folic Acid - B 9), Vit C, Vit E, Zinc and Magnesium. Making sure that you are healthy from the start makes such a difference as to how the pregnancy will go. It makes it easier for you to recover and cope as well. Good Luck with everything!!
Sign in to follow this topic