Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. getting pregnant after having an implant

getting pregnant after having an implant Rss

Can anyone please tell me if they had any trouble getting pregnant after they have had an implanon implant. I have had one and now wish to have a second baby, they say your cycles should get back to normal neally straight away. Has anyone had any experiences or long delays getting pregnant after they have had it removed. I hope someone can answer my questions.
Hi!

I had my Implanon taken out in April. We have been trying to concieve number 2 since May this year.
I have heard that it can take up to 12 months for it all to be cleared from your body. Wish I had known that earlier!

Kelly, QLD, Mum of a 7 and 3 year old

hi i had the implant in a month after i gave birth to my first son. I had it taken out in May when he was 10 months old. I had one period and then fell pregnant. The implant had me all over the place spotting all the time and still reallly moody when it was time for my actual cycle to start. No-one told me anything about twelve months to get it cleared from your system. they all said 7 days and it would be gone because the implant was a slow release system that only allowed a certain amount into your system at a time.

See ya
hi my name is narelle i have a 19 month old daughter. i didn't have the implant i had the injections. i only had 2 and we've been trying for over 14 months now to concieve i had a little bit of a bleed a week ago i think my body might be changing back to what it was. i really hope so. the doc told us it could take as little as 2 weeks after the injection wore off. i am praying we fall preggas again really soon. hope this helped.

kodeybear@hotmail.com

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi,
this is Montanna, I am 9 and a half weeks pregnant now. I had the implant taken out in early September and my cycles went back to normal straight away as they said they would. I have heard it takes longer when you have the injections, a friend of mine took 12 months to get pregnant when she had them. Anyway good luck and I hope you have good news soon to.
I had the implant in for only a month and a half it caused alot of moody problems and continuos spotting.........

I took it out in November beginning got one period in the end and am pregnant now..... 9 weeks.....

I found most people with the implant havent had problems....... but people with the injections have......

It should work out easy for you....... WISHING YOU HEAPS OF LUCK
Sign in to follow this topic