Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. Getting pregnant after having implanon removed and stopping pill

Getting pregnant after having implanon removed and stopping pill Rss

Hi,

Im wondering how long it has taken ladies to fall pregnant after having implanon removed? I had an implanon in for approx 15 months and was having constant bleeding, so my GP prescribed me a pill aswell to take at the same time. I had my implanon removed approx 4 weeks ago and also stopped taking the pill. I had what I thought was a withdrawal bleed on the 5th September and am wondering if its possible to ovulate following this or if I would need to have an actual period first? I had unprotected sex with my partner on the 19th September which according to ovulation calculators on line would have been my most fertile time and now im having some strange feelings like twinges in my ovaries, sore lower back and extreme fatigue and wondering if its possible to get pregnant this soon or not? the waiting to test is killing me!!

Hi,

Im wondering how long it has taken ladies to fall pregnant after having implanon removed? I had an implanon in for approx 15 months and was having constant bleeding, so my GP prescribed me a pill aswell to take at the same time. I had my implanon removed approx 4 weeks ago and also stopped taking the pill. I had what I thought was a withdrawal bleed on the 5th September and am wondering if its possible to ovulate following this or if I would need to have an actual period first? I had unprotected sex with my partner on the 19th September which according to ovulation calculators on line would have been my most fertile time and now im having some strange feelings like twinges in my ovaries, sore lower back and extreme fatigue and wondering if its possible to get pregnant this soon or not? the waiting to test is killing me!!

I had the implanon in for a yr, had it removed a yr ago and was on the pill till last mth. I stopped the pill after my normal period, then had a 2day withdrawal bleed. I didnt get a proper period and found out at 11dpo that im pregnant.

So yes it does happen. And the 2WW was the longest 2weeks of my life lol
hi i had the implanon in for about 18 months. i started bleeding around the 17 month mark (when i stopped breastfeeding) and so i went on the pill for a month to sort it out. We then decided to start TTC after a few months so i had the implanon removed and just stayed on the pill a couple more months.
Weve now been TTC for 3 months and no luck yet but hopefully it wont be too much longer as i was told you are fertile straight away.
i had the implanon removed about 4 weeks ago, 3 days ago i had still not gotten my period so i went what the hell and took a preg test it had the faintest of lines on it so i just disregarded it. i took another one today and the line was slightly darker so i immediately went to the doc where he did a urine test confirmed that i was indeed pregnant woohoo he gave me a dating scan right then on the spot and said i was approximately 4 weeks 2 days which means that when my husband and i had unprotected sex 2 nights before removal there must of been some spermies waiting and i got pregnant instantly. funny that as every doctor i have ever been too since i was 16 has told me i am very reproductively challenged.... go figure that one! so yes it can happen that quick
I've never had the implanon but I have been on the pill, when I first got pregnant last year my first month of being off the pill I got pregnant ...so much for everyone saying it takes months to get your cycle normal and to be able to concieve. So here we are again on first month from coming off the pill and af is due on saturday have pretty good feeling that we have some good news on the way ....even if still waiting for a +ive result.
Every person is different some ppl can get pregnant easily after coming off pill etc but others it takes abit longer.
Goodluck smile
***baby dust to all***

Erin roll eyes

I had my implanon removed on September 2nd.
I've had three implants over the past 8 years.
I hardly ever got my period and if I did it was very irregular and very light.
I got my first period 5 weeks after removal and it was horrid.
I did not have any major ovulation symptoms maybe a few cramps around the 20th of last month.
My period was due (based on 28 day standard cycle) three days ago.
Tested today and got a BFP!!! It's my first bubba- I'm so excited.
my doctor says the period around a month after you have stopped using pills the more you are likely to get pregnant ... higher risk than those who doesn't take pills..
I am also curious about this. I had a 5 day withdrawal bleed/period on the 3rd of oct. (I came off the pill late sept) my next period is a no show so far. all preg tests are negative. I have no clue whats going on. if im pregnant or my period is just majorly delayed, :/
in answer to your question though. my mum got pregnant with me instantly. where as my sister took years to get pregnant with my niece. so everyone is different.
Hello, I have just gotten off of my Nexplanon January 4th and finished bleeding for about two days after that setting me at about a month since my last bleed, and i bled continuously while on it for 3 years and am now from what some of my in laws have said are possible pregnancy symptoms like sore nipples (although its all thats sensitive there), random stomach cramps on the sides of my stomach (unusual), some morning nausea (but not every morning and when i have it, its every time i wake up even from naps), and I don't usually have a thick clear discharge but i do now. Though i took a test about 4 days ago and it was negative which was right before the stomach pains and sensitive nipples, could it be possible to be in the very early stages of pregnancy or is it just from having the Nexplanon removed?
Sign in to follow this topic