Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

The perfect age gap? Lock Rss

Hi,

Just wanting some opinions or experiences on age gaps between your children that you have found to be great or not so great.

I have been told by some people with a 2 year age gap that it is a good one to have as they grow up closer and also arn't at an age where they get really jealous of the baby. Do you agree?

Any opinions much appreciated thanks!

Hi,
My daughter was 3 1/2 yrs old when my son was born and I found her to be excellent with him and now as they have got older they get on really well together okay they have their odd moment where they may have little fights but all siblings do no matter what age gap other than that they get on great. She is now 5 1/2 and he is turning 2 next week.

This time around I'm pregnant with my 3rd and between my son and this baby there will only be 2 1/2 yrs so this will be a different experience so it will be interesting to see how he goes with a younger child, ofcourse my daughter will be no problem she'll be nearly 6 and can't wait for a new baby sister or brother to come along smile

My DD was 2yrs 3mths when DS came along. she was very independent. could get in and out of the car/pram. feed her self, wash herself and help around the house(if she was in the mood). she was also old enough to understand that mummy was a little busy with bubs at the moment and to just wait and ill be with you soon. She cant wait for #3 to arrive she is telling me she is going to do all the feeds and she is going to change all the wee nappie(not poo). She is also going to sing it to sleep every night. She will be 3yrs 7mths.
DS will be 16mths. its abit scary as he has just started to walk this week. he is such a baby himself. i feel like there is so much for him to learn. but ive only got 4mths to go till i have another baby. At least i will have DD for him to play with while im busy with bubs.

As for Jealousy this can happen at any age it just depends on how you handle it all.

Teagan 7, Ryden 4, Tayla 3 and Me&Dh 35

Sign in to follow this topic