Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hmm...Pregnant again! Rss

Ok so I have just found out Im pregnant again. I am happy but a little weary as I have a 9month old boy and Im already two months along so he would of been 7months old, meaning that hell be around 16-17 months old. Im in for some major adjustments as was interested in hearing other peoples ways of coping. I find it hard enough with one so I definetly need some advice, thanks!!
h
[Edited on 09/11/2009]
Hi again, I also am concerned because with my last preg I had really sore boobs, with this one my boobs are not sore at all! has anyone else had this? and if so did it result in M/C? I am getting worried now......
Hi Enigma,

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS smile smile smile

Feeling nervous is very normal, but i promise you, you will be OK. There will be tough times, but they will be far outweighed by the joy, of seeing your 2 little ones growing up so close.

I had sore boobs all 3 pregnancies, and only the second ended in MC. So not much help there. Just remember each pregnancy is different.

Best of luck over the next 7 months, hope to hear more from you over that time,

Take care of yourself,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Although I haven't yet delivered my second child (due in 3.5 weeks), I got pregnant when my son was 9 months old. I had sore breasts first time around, but not second, which I suspect may be due to breastfeeding. I continued breastfeeding my first until he was 12 months old. I don't know if you are breastfeeding or not, but the lack of sore breasts definitely did not lead to miscarriage!
Main problem I have found with this pregnancy is I have had morning sickness right the way through, which I didn't have last time, and of course am trying to keep up with a very active toddler at the same time. While you are pregnant all you can do is cope as best you can, and explain to your partner you need extra support when he's home so you can rest up a bit.
Best of luck this time around!

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

hi enigma well i am kinda in the same boat but have started to get used to the idea of having another one now i have a 13mth old daughter and am 12 weeks pregnant which means there will be 18 mths between the two we have known for a little while now and have had time to come to terms with the pregnancy but at first it was a huge shock.
i wouldnt worry to much about not having sore boobs this time round cause my pregnancy has been completely different this time round then to my first pregnancy.
anyway goodluck and hope everything goes well if you wanna chat anytime my e-mail is twinkletoes0212@hotmail.com i also have msn.
Hi Enigma, my first pregnancy I didnt have sore boobs but this time around I do. Maybe a different sex???

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Thanks everyone for the advice, I am feeling better and better everyday about the second coming! I am so grateful for the feedback, I dont really have anyone to talk to here, so hearing from you all was great! I have added you Jodi and look forward to chatting soon. I already have you twinkletoes probably from ages ago when I came here a lot. Anyway thank you all I greatly appreciate the feedback! Anymore advice would be great! Right now tho Im having major probs getting my son(9months) to sleep, he seems to hate his bed and cries and cries! Im am in the process of doing controlled crying but its taking a long time to get sorted, any info on this would be awesome! Thank you all heaps!
Hi Enigma,
Congratlutions on your pregnancy!! I am in the same boat as you I am due in November and there will be 16 months between my little man and the new bub. At first I was terified and probally cried for about a week straight . But then I started to look at the positives and also realised there is so many other mummy's out there who survived 2 under 2. I guess you just end up copping because it is all you know.My Nanna had 4 under three (she had twins)and in those day's they did'nt have things that made life easier eg. disposable nappies,so I just think of her when I think I won't make it. With the sore boob's mine came later this time round and they say if you don't get the symptoms that is fine but if you had them then they stop then you should see your O.B.
Which part of N.Z are you from,my partner is from there.
Anyway can't talk all day
Good luck and enjoy

Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Hi Rhiannon,

With regards to your sleep problem, there is a new section on the General Discussion section of this site & its entitled "Ask our sleep expert a question". Perhaps you could detail your problem for her & she can give you some advice.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michelle - Mum to 2

What a great idea, I have posted a note to the sleep expert and am just waiting for an answer, she only answers them on wednesdays so Im really really hoping it gets thru the moderator today! (I sent it yesterday)
Hope it helps!
Hi Enigma,

I am another mummy who will soon have two little ones just 19 months apart. I am excited and nervous about what the future holds. I hope that I will cope having two so close together. I am expecting a boy due July 30... so not long to go for me. I conceived my boy when my daughter was just 10 months old and I have never had sore breasts in this pregnancy. I only ever experienced sore breasts when my milk first came in after my daughter was born, so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. I think every body and every pregnancy is different. I will say that this pregnancy has been far more exhausting with a toddler to chase after, but it has also gone faster too. I have days where I feel like I am hardly coping with one and knowing that my second will be here soon does worry me... but like some of the other mums here I have a great husband who will get in and help with my daughter whenever I need him to... and he is so excited about his son due in a few weeks time that it helps keep me focused.

I am sure you will be fine... just like me. I think we won't really know what we are in for until our second bub's are here... and by then we will be doing great. So, less stress and more rest!

Enjoy your second pregnancy and take care of yourself.

Michelle grin

Sign in to follow this topic