Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Need advice!! When should I TTC? Lock Rss

Hi Mums,

I am wondering if anyone can give me advice. I have a DS who turns 1 this month and I would dearly love to have another baby. I also like the idea of having them close together. I am getting really clucky!!!

Here is my problem. I still haven't lost the weight and got back to my pre pregnancy weight. So, should I work the weight off first, then start trying which would mean a longer gap between #1 & #2 or should I go for it now and worry about getting the weight off afterwards? I only ever planned on two pregnancies.

Is it harder to get the weight off the second time around or do you regret doing the yo yo thing with your weight?

What do you think??

Please help, I can't stop thinking about this until I can put a plan in place, whichever that will be...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Hi Elle1975,
a friend of mine went thru this same dillema a few years ago now, my advice to her was why bother trying really hard to lose weight now when you are probably going to put it back on with the next pregnancy and have to go thru trying to lose weight again (just make sure you don't go crazy with the weight gain).
Why not have the baby that you want so much now and deal with the weight after having bubs then you'll have all the time you want to work at it, you said you've only planned on the two and unless you are at risk of health problems i don't see the point in waiting because you really don't know how long it'll take to lose the weight.

Plus, as i'm not exactly a stick creature myself i've come to the conclusion that as long as you are health and happy then the numbers on the scales dont really mean that much.

Good luck with your decision.

NSW, DD May 05 grin

I'm the same, i'd rather put it all on and feel fat all at once and blitz myself afterwards! And knowing i was going to have more babies made me lazy in between, there didn't seem any point to all that work.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic