Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. When did your belly start showing????

When did your belly start showing???? Rss

Im on my third child now and am finding it to be nothing like my first two......

My first two did have their differences but were generally the same......
Ive had complications (a bit too sick) with No# 3
But i am only coming on to 3 months now...... And my belly looks like im almost 7mths......... i have already put on 9 kilo and have gone up 1 size which i have to admit is About to go up 1 more......
Is this normal for a third????????HELP!!!!

WHEN DID YOU START SHOWING A BELLY??????
i think showing this early is normal!i'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first and i look about 5-6months pregnant i too was worried about it ,seems i can put my mind to rest now xx cherie

cherie,mum to Jacob born oct 2004

im not an expert but i really wouldn't be too concerned. every woman is different, and each of their bodies will respond individually to pregnancy. I was the opposite of your situation ... i didn't start showing until i was 5 months pregnant; it was weird for me because it wasn't until my tummy got bigger, that i really believed there was a little person growing inside of me!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi,

I was the same as Brandons mum and was always worried i was too small. I really got sick of people saying how tiny i was. Just to show them i was fine i had a 7lb boy 2 weeks early.

I think everyone is different,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I have the exact same concerns as you! i am 9-10 weeks and am HUGE!!! This too is my third pregnancy but my last was twin girls. I have concerns that I may be carrying more than 1 baby again this time around! With the girls my instincts kicked in and told me that there was more than 1 even though the doctor told me there wasn't. It wasn't confirmed until an ultrasound at 18 weeks. This time around I am planning to have an ultrasound at 12 weeks just so I know. If it is more than 1 then that is the best time for them to find out whether they are identical or not. your instincts will tell you more than you think. People tell me that it may just be that my uterus was so stretched last time that it doesn't take as long for it to grow.
Hi,

I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second bub and have been showing since about 15 weeks. A few people have said I am much bigger this time round than I was with my first pregnancy. You can definitley tell I am pregnant... no hiding this round tummy.

Michelle
I HAD MY FIRST HOSPITAL VISIT YESTERDAY AND GOT TO WEIGH MY SELF AGAIN.......

AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW IN LESS THEN ONE WEEK I HAVE PUT ON 2.3 KILOS!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MID WIFE HAS SENT ME TO GET AN ULTRA SOUND BUT I CANT GET IN FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS, AS ITS BOOKED OUT......

LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.................

IM HAVING TO GO SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND FOR A WHOLE NEW WARDROBE.......... BUT HEY I GUESS THAT IS A GOOD THING RIGHT:)smilesmile

I was a bit slow off the mark and only found out I was pregnant at three months with my first, and no sooner had the world only just discovered that I was pregnant I ballooned the following week . I have always been a big girl, i guess i put my fat down to natural weight gain, but now i know it was two little boys growing. Could u too be carrying twins?

Jay, Auckland, twin boys 30.6.04

hey guys,

This is my first pregnancy and i was about 14-15 weeks when i started to get a belly. I am now 21 weeks and starting to develop a nice bump. I am told the next 6 or so weeks is when it distinctivly becomes noticeable that there is a baby inside. One of my friends starting showing her belly at about 9 - 10 weeks with her first child. Everyone is different i guess.

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

Hello I was pregnant with twins at age 15 and i wasnt showing until i was 30 weeks it was at that stage my teachers at school believed me even after many letters from doctors saying i were pregnant so good luck and remember you never look fat you look healthy.
WOW KIAHXAND

30 weeks with twins IM JEALOUS smile i had my first when i was 16 and that was a single birth i didnt start showing like i said till later on in the birth...... I couldnt have imagined having twins back then....... I hope like me being so young you cope well with the babies.

I have my ULTRASOUND ON THE 17th APRIL SO WE FIND OUT THEN WHY IM SO BIG NOW........

IVE WIEGHED MY SELF AGAIN SINCE MY HOSPITAL VISIT AND ANOTHER 3kilos have been added.....
Im a lil' bit errred but its ok.... cause i am not sick any more so its more exciting.........

KEEP IN TOUCH
Hi there. you will find that you are always bigger with following pregnancies because of your stomach muscles, which have already been stretched with your first, second etc child. I have only had 1 baby so far and didn't get a tummy until I was about 20 weeks and had a rounded tummy by 24 weeks.. we are all unique and will grow at different rates, don't worry about your weight gain! You are all beautiful and are growing a precious miracle inside you. Good luck to you all!
Sign in to follow this topic