Huggies Forum

Public health system Lock Rss

Hi,

First of all i just want to say that this has just come up inconversation between friends - none of us are pregnant right now but we all have kids.
If you go through the public health system, can you 'choose' to have a c-section?
Yes you have the option of having a csection. Im on my 3rd pregnancy and they asked how i wanted to have bub and i told them i wanted to have a csection. Because this is my 3rd pregnancy they also offered to tie my tubes which i thought was really bazzar

My 3 beautiful boys DS1-05, DS2-.07 & DS3-09

Yep, you can definately choose. I'm going public and I have been given the choice of either natural or caesar.
Thanks for your answers!smile
ditto to the other ladies smile i asked my dr at my 12 week visit if i have the option of a c section this time around and he said 'whatever you want, you are the mother, you are in control, i cant see a problem with it'.

Heidi 3 years & Annika 4 days

Wow, I thought you'd only have a caesar if there was a medical reason for it.

I had my first vaginally and second was an emergency caesar... I definitely would not recommend having a caesar, the operation itself is major and the recovery is long and painful.
Posted by: 2SweetGirls
Wow, I thought you'd only have a caesar if there was a medical reason for it.

I had my first vaginally and second was an emergency caesar... I definitely would not recommend having a caesar, the operation itself is major and the recovery is long and painful.

I'm with 2sweet Girls on this one.. I had #1 and #2 vaginally, #3 was an emergency c/s, I have just found out I'm pregnant with #4 and will be doing everything in my power to have a vbac..

A c/s is major abdominal surgery, It is painful post op, If you are fit and able to have a vaginal birth I would at least reccommend giving it a go.
unless u have a medical reason i would deff choose to go natural! i attempted to have my DS1 naturally but got to 10cm (eventually) and they found out bubs was too big, i got a torn uterus and everything else and had an emergency c/s and would have to say i would take the contractions over c/s recovery ANY DAY! but bc of the torn uterus i can only hav caesarians..

i have 3 c-sections not by choice but i have never heard of someone being asked if you want a c-section my sister has kids and she was never asked and the same goes with other family members dont know why you would ask for a c-section

had 2 C-SECTION and a proud mum

I have had 2 c/s, 1st emergency and 2nd elective. As far as i know, you are only given a choice if there is a medical reason for it.
It is a major operation and by no means the'easy' option.

They won't give you a cs with her first unless there is a medical reason for it. if i was you i would try going naturally as having a cs is very hard on you. i have had 2 and i dont want to have another cs again. going to push for a vbac next time.

My sister elected both. You just need to find the right Dr that will allow it. It does mean longer hospital stay GENERALLY so, it will depend on how busy the hospital is at the time too.

I have had 2 C sections, first emergency the 2nd elected, although it was more elected my the drs then myself which i was ok with.

I have a disproportioned pelvis meaning it is too small.

I found that the worst part of a c section, BESIDES the needles, was that first time you have to get up the day after your Op, F*** that HURTS!! The pain is immense!

After that it gets easier. It the limitations that i found the difficultist. More the speed that i had to do things at.

Anyhow, its not what you were asking. smile]

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Sign in to follow this topic