Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

Lilsunflower

My birth story, finally able to deal 6 months on (sorry for the essay)

So I feel I’m finally ready to tell my birth story, I feel it is important to share because I’ve ...

12 replies

Thanks. I've just send you a request.

wolfbaby

what to take to hospital

hi all, am wondering how many nappies to take to hospital and should I take wipes as well? my las...

4 replies

Hi there A packet of newborn nappies would be enough. If not, someone you know could always drop some in, there's usually a p...

Nic-DoulaMamato4

Student Doula Available in Toowoomba & Warwcik Areas

Hi, I am studying to become a doula with Childbirth International. I'm currently half way throug...

13 replies

Hi are you still looking. Im in toowoomba...

belinda2009

Ipswich Hospital

I am going to be giving birth at Ipswich Hospital and am wanting to know of anyones experiences t...

12 replies

Would anyone here be interested in a Facebook group to organise play dates ect?

Slacker

Birth story and pics

Hi All, It's taken me awhile to get a chance to sit down and write this but I still wanted...

25 replies

Rosie Mumma wrote: Sweetie, I am just so thrilled for you. Labour and birth after a stillbirth is such a surreal experience isn'...

Gypsycav

Do birth centres cost much money?

hey there has anyone given birth in a birthing centre (private room/suite) and was it a nce exper...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Julie_Heeney

Is diarrhoea and back pain sign of labour?

Hi I am 37 weeks and due for an elective c section in 2 weeks, my first DS was born via C Section...

Kirsten_20

Successful VBAC story (loooong :)

I wanted to post this as I spent hours reading about other Mums experiences and they were the bes...

4 replies

What a great story- I loved this! Thanks for sharing and congratulations

Jacaranda 07

VBAC Advice

Hi, I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and wanting a VBAC. With my 1st I went into labour at...

13 replies

My DD2 was born via VBAC. DS1 was breech, so I had an 'elective' (pathetic that term) C Section. With DD2 we had dicusse...

sammy001

Using EPI-NO

Has anyone had any experience using an Epi-No. I'm 30wks preg with my 2nd and tore + episiotomy q...

16 replies

I asked my OB about it and he said feedback varied butnit was mostly positive. He also said if you can afford it it doesn't hu...

wolfbaby

Braxton Hicks?

Im 33wks w my 2nd child, n for the past 2wks been getting alot more BH, n last two days more than...

1 reply

no, been taking it easy as im super tired a lot lately. they aren't regular I guess-sometimes its 3 every 10-15 mins then none ...

FPhillips

Recommending OB

Choosing an OB is a bit hit and miss in my experience so I wanted to share a recommendation for D...

Midwife recommendations in Kapiti, NZ?

No i dont.... but i see your pregnant!! CONGRATS HUN!! All the best for a smooth pregnancy.

1 reply

this might help http://www.findyourmidwife.co.nz/

Cuddles for Mum

Slacktarts

Just wanted to say all the best for your induction tomorrow Hope by this time tomorrow you are h...

9 replies

How exciting. Good luck hun.

Lildtha

Ashford Hosptial Obstetricians

Hi all My gynaecologist has recommended Dr Kay Wilson and Dr Melissa Sandercock as obstetricians...

Apples&Oranges

question about placenta labour.

Just a question I hope someone can help me out with. With my last pregnancy in labour the placen...

9 replies

BellyDancingDanni wrote: I am not sure what hospital policies are because I have not birthed in a hospital for a long time but how l...

upforfoundtwo

NZ - Will Middy do Stretch & Sweep for me at 38.5weeks?

I want to start getting this baby coming out. Can't sleep, can barely move, bleh bleh same o...

2 replies

my sister who has just given birth had 3 stretch and sweeps once a week from 37 weeks. if you just explain to ur midwife what u want...

Gypsycav

Has anyone had a vaginal birth after a vbac?

Has anyone had a vaginal borth after having a vbac and what was it like, any easier or worse?

Slacker

People at labour and birth

I'm not quite sure what I'm asking here but here goes. I am being induced in 8 days and...

14 replies

Thanks everyone, it's been great to sort of 'think this out loud' as it were. I probably haven't effectively com...

MelC89

SJOG Subiaco - Ob Maria Kailis

Hi Ladies I'm due to have my first baby in October & have booked in with Maria Kailis ...

2 replies

Hi I'm a couple of weeks off delivering... Melissa O'Neill was high on my list too however she had holidays booked over t...

nic142

Hypnobirthing

Hi, I am interested to know if anyone has used hypnobirthing during labour? I am 25 weeks pregn...

4 replies

Is Calm Birth similar to Hypnobirthing? I have heard it mentioned by a couple of other mums.

tarajane88

Joondalup Public Hospital

Hi. I've just found out im 5 weeks pregnant and my private hospital cover doesn't kick ...

mummypride

transverse lie at 36+5 and confused

Hey all I just found out baby is transverse lie but the hospital didnt give me much info and didn...

2 replies

Thats hard for me because I have been getting painful braxton hicks since 18 weeks. This is the first pregnancy I have had that I ha...

babymumma_420

horrible back pain post c-section

hi ladies, just wondering.if anyone else got really bad back pain after the had a c-section? Im o...

2 replies

I have a visiting midwife coming tomorow so ill ask her and see what she says. I have been getting headaches and my face and neck ge...

O2tasty

VBAC OR ANOTHER C-SECTION?

My partner and I have planned a second c-section for the purpose of saving my "tightness&quo...

6 replies

Bailey's Mummy wrote: Just putting it out there, I have had 3 natural births in 5yrs, no tearing or stitches and my bits are be...

mummy 2 4+1

Did you try any "Old Wives" remedies to bring on labour and if so what did you try?

Hi all, I know for me I have tried Black coshosh, blue coshosh (poss wrong spelling), castor oil...

19 replies

Reflexology is what I tried out. I have heard many people complaining about how reflexology did not work out for them. But it was a ...

Being induced at 38 weeks because I'm anemic...

Hey Sweetie I'm Sorry your under this stress I'm glad your feeling a bit better since...

3 replies

keeki wrote: Ill be admitted into hospital on the Saturday night (7th) and they will put a tablet? (I'm sure that's what h...

Powerkath1

Interested in using a Doula, wanting feedback

I am really interested in hearing from anyone who has used a doula, am considering using one for ...

7 replies

Missedodd wrote: Have you considered a student midwife as additional support during your pregnancy, labour & birth? I am a ...

Little Egg

So how does the midwife system work in Oz?

I'm a bit confused by some comments on another post, which sound like maybe you guys in Oz d...

10 replies

Coming from NZ where my mum is a midwife, I can tell you the Aussie public system is.. Different/very foreign to me! I'm doing...

86Bubbles86

Retained Placenta

Hi, I've had my 2nd child 16 months ago, bub was healthy, labour went well even though the m...

Melsisbabies

Birth photographer?

Hi everyone, Has anyone used a birth photographer to capture their birth? I am due for baby #2 i...

1 reply

Thanks Eranda, that has certainly eased my mind and sounds similar to me. I've been reading up on hypnobirthing and am planning...

carly89

spontaneous labour after 2 inductions

just wondering if anyone has gone in to labour naturally after having to be induced with first tw...

1 reply

Hi there, If you weren't induced the first 2 times you would have gone into labour spontaneously. If you choose not to be indu...

Moondarra-355

Did you labour differently with subsequent pregnancies?

Hi all, I'm currently 33 weeks along with my second, and was just wondering if other mothers...

3 replies

my two labours were a little similar! got induced when I was 40+6 weeks with both 5 hours with my first child, 10 hours with my seco...

emzline

Birthing at Waitakere Hospital

Hey All Has anyone birthed at Waitakere lately? Whats it like there? Thanks heaps

2 replies

Both my sisters birthed there and they liked it. One sister also birthed at north shore hospital but she liked waitakere better.

Lil-Lil

Induced with first, what about second?

Hi Ladies, I was induced early with my first baby at 39wks due to IUGR. He weighed 6lbs 4oz and ...

8 replies

With my first, Had my waters broken for me on my due date to try and speed things up due to a few bub issues. Had a super fast labou...

Sonzz

Older Sibling at birth

Hi All My 13yo step daughter (we are close) has asked about being at the birth of this sibling d...

7 replies

I think it's lovely that she's asked to be there, if she's keen then why not let her witness her sibling being born. ...

Tinak-390

Mucus plug

Hi I am 36 weeks pregnant with twins just lost my mucus plug should I call hospital or wait until...

3 replies

Kazzzav wrote: I remember losing a lot of my mucus plug when I was pregnant with my twins and I was sent in for a ecg at the hospita...

steph19

Chance of prem birth for subsequent babies

I was just thinking today DD was born at 36+3 so was just considered prem. My ob said my placent...

1 reply

My oldest brother was born at 24 weeks, I don't think mum ever found out if there was any reason for the early labor (we are ta...

Tinak-390

uti

Hi, So i startred to go into labour the other night (i am having twins) so thought it was normal ...

4 replies

Ok so the pain has gone and i am feeling better i think i was panicking a bit as i didnt want labour to start again only to be sent ...

awaitingJP

Calm birth

Just after any experiences people have had with calm birth? I'm thinking about doing a cours...

1 reply

It's a specific programme