Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

T_Delight

Hypnobabies home study course

Hi everyone, I recently bought the hypnobabies home study course from ebay. The lady i bought it...

6 replies

Hi ladies, Memi2410 & T_Delight, hoping you may still be out there. I've done the same thing, I've bought the 6cds off...

Kelstribe

hypnobabies help/pamphlets

Hi to anyone out there reading this. I was hoping and wondering if anyone out there can help me ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Little Egg

When did your waters break with your births?

I asked the other day about Strep B, and my midwife today said that It's recommended I start...

20 replies

with my daughter I had contractions for 11hours before my waters broke and then had her 3hours after that. with my son I also had th...

Rasjimbo

Riverland SA Mums - Please share birthing stories

Hi ladies, I'm going to be moving to Waikerie SA in the next couple of months and will be ab...

2 replies

Thanks! Not sure how I'd go about getting to Berri once labour has started, might be an interesting car ride Did they allow yo...

Tthebutterfly

6.5 weeks red blood then spotted brown ... Am I still preg

Last saturday morning I woke up because I could feel a blood it was bright red and a lot then non...

Tkpolky21

Dr Jean Woo - Mitcham Private

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has used Dr Jean Woo from Mitcham Private in VIC? Iam pregnant with ...

Najami

Any Doula recommendations for Melbourne?

Dear all, I am 18 weeks and exploring the option of hiring a doula for labour. This is my first p...

Sunshine Hospital Melbourne

Anyone with Birth experiences from here? Love to find out experiences from this Hospital Thanks...

13 replies

I think sunshine hospital in vic treat private patient better then public patient and it's unfair. My friend was a public patie...

Ashmac345

Hospital Bag

Hi, what did you pack in your hospital bag for your and bub? im due in 8 weeks and want to be pre...

2 replies

Did your hospital give you a list of suggested items to pack? mine did & anything else I wanted I wrote down onto that list. A...

MrsGJunior

Hospital bags

Hi all, Just getting ready to pack my hospital bags... How many weeks did you pack yours? I hav...

13 replies

I was 10 days early, but i packed mine after waters broke, pjs and tracks and top for me, 0000 clothes for bub (2 sets of stretch an...

S_Fourdrinier

Mater Mothers Private OB's & Approx costs

hi, just wondering if anyone can recommend any female OB's that are associated with Mater Mo...

1 reply

I went through Dr Bronwyn Byrnes for 2 of my girls, she has offices in Southbank (I think still there). She was wonderful and very c...

S_Fourdrinier

Midwifery Group Practice

hi, just wondering if anyone has had their baby using the Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) program ...

Little Egg

Strep b - anyone have this and what treatmemt?

My midwife got me to do a swab when I had my gd test and it came back positive. I didn't hav...

7 replies

I was tested positive to carrying strep B, which also meant when in labour I needed the IV drugs done to prevent it getting passed o...

Eileen_Wood

Hypno Birthing

Hi guys, I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my first, ....I am looking into Hypnobirthing but the...

1 reply

We have just done our calm birthing course and it was really great, I really believe that it is going to be an amazing tool in our u...

Emma-823

Epidurals

With my second child due in December I am planning on having an epidural if needed. Can anyone w...

2 replies

I had an Epi after 12 hours of labour. We were moved from a birthing unit to a full maternity hospital at 9hours into my labour due ...

Smondin83

Who is planning on having an Epidural or is happy they had one before? Positive stories only please.

Hi, I am about to have my second child, (waiting to go in to Labour, lol) With my first son, I ...

9 replies

I had a 24 hr labour with my first with no Dr available to give an epidural and she was vacuumed out after having the sytocinon drip...

K_Mcpaul

Induced Labour

Hi, I am currently 30weeks pregnent, due to my previous health issues my obstatrician is plannin...

1 reply

I am also due to be induced and was extremely worried, but I am feeling better about it First time round I was induced (even though...

Meganbelci

labour

is there any home induction methods you did at home that actually work?

4 replies

Expressing milk (actually it's likely to be colostrum), but the pumping can cause your body to produce the hormone Oxytocin whi...

Kylie-759

4/5 engaged

Good evening all. 4/5 engaged- is this almost fully engaged? Usually I don't engage unt...

1 reply

im pretty sure for go time it needs to be 0/5 like the number gets lower, it does depends on how the midwife write it though, that i...

Enchantedgarenfairy

similar stories, advice and tips

I'm 39+1 weeks pregnant, bubs head isn't engaged and he doesn't look like he is re...

17 replies

[quote post="3579934" name="4 surprises."][b]4 surprises. wrote[/b]: Congrates. Enjoy them new born[quote post=&...

MrsGJunior

Transverse lie position

I am 35 weeks and bubs is in a transverse position, so laying across my stomach. I know that so ...

10 replies

My 2nd was transverse at 36 weeks but she turned by the time I went into labour at 39 weeks. What you can do to help turn bubs is to...

TallulahBelle

TENS machine for labour

Has anyone used this for labour? Would you recommend it? Thinking of trying something different ...

15 replies

TallulahBelle wrote: Thanks wooden spoon! I guess anything for distraction would be great! Wow Sally -congratulations on dd2, was ...

Aeryn_Walker

pointy end of the stick... extremely anxious

My first birth is impending... In next 2 weeks. I'm terrified of what labour will be like. I...

5 replies

I think realising when it is over the pain will be gone is really important and reminding yourself that the whole way through, short...

Mandy042

How to get labour going/worrying about a big baby!

Just after any advice/tips on how to get labour going naturally... I'm 39weeks and simply e...

4 replies

Thanks for the replies, I realise that baby will only come when he is ready, I guess it's just hard to be patient! I'm so...

Sasha1001

Armadale Hospital

Hi all. I am looking at Armadale Memorial for delivery of my second child, due Sept. I am going f...

2 replies

Thanks! Great info, would love your GP name! I have sent you a follow request so I can msg you

rrandle

Public vs private???

Hi all just wondering what everyones experiences and opinion are with the debate between public h...

9 replies

Hi all; I'm under Dr Klomps care at the moment (only 8 weeks pregnant) but I have top hospital and extras - Do you know how muc...

country_yobbo

Induction Questions......

I am getting Gel inserted on Wednesday night with the aim of breaking waters first up Thursday mo...

19 replies

Congratulations! What a beautiful birth story

Ameliajade_H

Water Birth Experiences

I'm pregnant with my first (in my 18th week) and am very interested in a water birth. I feel...

10 replies

i spent about 4 hours of my labour in a bath- then got told to get out so they could monitor baby where i had to be on the bed. i th...

Mandy042

Did you have any signs labour was near?

I'm 37 weeks and after having DS1 at 37 +2 I'm getting pretty excited/anxious/impatient...

7 replies

Update: I'm still waiting! (Not so patiently) haha. I had a midwife appointment on Wednesday and she thinks baby's head h...

Mummy <3

39wks, second pregnancy, and still not dilated or engaged :(

I had my doctor's appointment this morning (am currently 39 +3) and during my examination it...

3 replies

Sometimes midwives can get it wrong, I had an appointment with the midwife and she told me bub wasn't head down or engaged but ...

Enchantedgarenfairy

Impatient

Hi all I'm 37+5 days I've lost my mucus plug and had a bloody show last night, I'...

5 replies

Oh really? My midwife told me at the start of my pregnancy most 1st time mum's go over their due date so I'm half expectin...

Mumx2+nomore

Raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil

Hi everyone I'm 34 weeks with no. 2 and have started taking raspberry leaf tea tablets as recomme...

12 replies

I know this is a super old post, But thought id leave my reply here for others to read. I drank the raspberry leaf tea with my 2nd o...

Mandy042

Natural drug free birth VS pain relief!

I'm 4 weeks out from my due date for our DS2, just after experiences from those who have had...

7 replies

I hated the idea of needles in my spinal area but mostly the idea of possibly being cut was my biggest fear. Worst I ended up with f...

Hollie_Jk

2nd birth!! i need opinions!!

Hey i have a 15 month old and am expecting my next baby in May!! i just want to know how other mo...

4 replies

My second was 6 hours shorter than the first. Certainly didn't feel like it though. You're pretty lucky with less than 5 h...

KrystalBrown

whats the go with selecting your own midwife?

Im birthing at armadale hospital and im wondering if I can pick who my midwife will be?

Epidural

Depends on the hospital policy but epidurals do require a lot more frequent monitoring of yoursel...

3 replies

For both my first n 2nd births the midwife left me alone for long amounts of time. Which I enjoyed, I liked knowing that I was only...

StrawberryTimTam

Update if anyone is interested

I had a doc appointment at the hospital yesterday at 38 weeks. They did a quick internal so they ...

12 replies

Little Egg wrote: StrawberryTimTam wrote: Little Egg wrote: How exciting STT! Oh wow in less than a week we should have a new huggie...

KrystalBrown

32wks with thrid child and constant sore back HELP

hi ladies, this is my third pregnancy (all live births) and this morning i woke up at 8 to a sore...

Confusedduck

Obstetrician Recommendation (Melbourne)

Hi All, This is my first pregnancy, 7th week. I am trying to find out more about some Melbourne ...

Samantha&Carl

Stretch and Sweep - Good? Bad? Or ugly?

Hey Mummas! I'm currently 38w pregnant and recent scans show our girl is already 8pound 14o...

9 replies

i did a membrane sweep at 37 weeks bc they were worried about babys movements and that i mite have a stillborn. did it on a thursday...