Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

canola

39 1/2 weeks and waiting

Hi, I'm 39 1/2 weeks today and i'm waiting for the big day with my first child and i was just won...

6 replies

Hi i just read your post about 39 1/2 weeks and waiting u posted on 26-1-05 that is over a montha ago so i assume u had your baby ho...

gem

To everyone that replied to my sore legs

Thank you for replying to my question. It taken me so long to work out how to use this site. I'...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Jax

Go with your instincts...

Hi all I had my 2 children at Westmead hospital and both times, I felt like the midwives didn't ...

2 replies

So so so true Jackie. When I had my son everything was going 'by the book' and it was basically easy for me. Hubby took me to the ho...

lindab

Water Births - comments welcome

I am 25 weeks into my second pregnancy and am starting to stress out about labour. My 1st labour...

5 replies

Hi Linda You're on the home stretch now... Congratulations! I 100% recommend a water birth. It's so natural and relaxing for both yo...

Ashleesmum

Scared of Caesarean Section Delivery

Hi Mums I posted here a while back in relation to making a decision about whether to attempt my ...

13 replies

Hi Kristi You've obviously put a lot of thought into your decision - don't even worry about people judging you. Any mother in their...

Due 1st March 05, 2nd Pregnancy & PETRIFIED!!

Hi All. Anyone with advice on how to be more prepared mentally/physically for labour?? I am abs...

3 replies

Hi Belinda I too was sooo scared of my 2nd labour as my 1st involved fainting, forced epidural, failed vontuse, episiotomy, forceps ...

Experiences with Pethidine

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone has experience Pethidine in labor?? I had my 1st daughter drug...

3 replies

Hi belinda, I had 2 shots when i was in labour, and it felt like heaven, i loved it and before they gave me my second s...

timtam

due date

is there anyone due on the 13th of september at the wangaratta base hospital

Melmas

Turning Breech Births

Hi ladies, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of having their breech baby turned ...

5 replies

Thanks for the reply. I have a heathy scepticism to all medical procedures that describe procedures as causing "discomfort", and al...

canola

Labour

Hi, I know this may sound dumb but how will i know if im in labour or not? I've being getting fun...

13 replies

Hi Bonny, How exciting! Hopefully it'll happen real soon now by yourself! My fingers are crossed for you, hope it all goes well!...

princess2baby

After the birth

Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me.. I had my baby about 5 days ago..had ...

1 reply

Hi, I had something similar with my first birth. You can almost bet that it's your hormones fluctuating, especially if you're breas...

Surprised Mum

Labour Advice for Mums to Be

Hi, I'm a first time mum with the happiest labour story i could of wished for. I was the first to...

20 replies

Thanks for the advise im getting closer each day if i dont have this baby by next thursday they will induce me thanks again

vba2c's

Hi Gals, I was wondering if anyone out the has had a successful natural birth after 2 previous Ce...

Emilia

My Birth Story

I was induced 1 day before due date as I had high b/p. I went into hospital the night before to g...

7 replies

Renee, I had really bad morning sickness right up until I gave birth to my daughter. It does go away - after the birth *lol* I am ...

Emeraldstar

33 week u/s

Hi, my name is Lisa, I am currently 34 weeks pg with my 3rd child and I'm having a baby boy. I al...

1 reply

I can't say that I have had that said to me, I had a 38 week u/sound with my first and was told that she was a 'small baby'. They w...

Kyle

Any one having a baby at hornsby hospital

im due on the 14th of feb at horsby hospital and was wondering if any one else has had a baby the...

2 replies

Hi I had my second baby at Hornsby Hospital and i though it was great. I didn't have any problems. Good Luck Cassie

becky03

Fast Births

Hi there i was just wondering if any one has had a fast birth? I have had two fast births and no...

6 replies

My last birth with my son was just under 3 hours. I have been told this time that at the first sign of contractions straight to the ...

chellebelle

Just Wondering about being induced????

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has ever been told how many weeks is to early to be induced???...

24 replies

My cousins wife is a midwife and she has told me that usually from 32 weeks all babies have a good chance. I am currently 35 weeks ...

Children at birth

I am considering taking my son who will be nearly 5 into the birthing suite with me when I delive...

9 replies

Found this posting in due July 2004 after clicking on her name. Congratulations Mickey by Mickey on 15/07/2004 11:22:04 AM hello a...

PML2

Who to have with me

I need some help to decide who I should have with me during labour. Obviously I'll have my husba...

8 replies

Hi, It's a hard decision to make. I knew for definite that I didn't want my mother to be there with me as we don't get on all that...

lindab

Birthing Centres with Water Birth fac. in Newcastle/Central Coast Area?

Hi - I am presently 26 weeks pregnant and would like to have a 'water birth'. (well, at least fo...

4 replies

Hi Linda I had my baby boy Hamish in a Birthing Centre in September o4. I was very pleased with the whole experience, I was in WA th...

Who can share stories of very Premmie Babies?

Hello all, My sister in law just gave birth to a little boy at 25 weeks gestation... so he has b...

12 replies

hey guys i have a premmie site up and running if anyone wants to join it, its for parents who have had a premmie or a experinced bir...

Lizzie, NSW, 2 yr boy

Breech Baby - AGAIN! Anyone else?

Went for my 32 week check-up last week and at this point, baby's (no. 2) head is up. This is exa...

6 replies

Hello Mums I was just reading your posts and was wonder if your babies turned? I have heard that acupuncture helps as well. My fir...

shellysue

whats a caesar under epidural like compared to general

hi guys, i had my first hospital appointment yesterday and am due late april. my daughter is 7 m...

23 replies

Hi, Just thought I would add my experience. I too got pre-eclyampsia with my first one at 30 weeks and was told I would have to hav...

pain relief for VBAC

Im expecting my second in Jan/Feb 05. After a 22 hour long labour over easter of 03 with fetal di...

6 replies

Thanks so much. I have been reading up heaps,(I've forgotten alot, this time round!) and am doing pelvic floor exercises, etc, so ho...

ZacsMum

Worried Mum

Hi all How am I going to cope!! I am 35 weeks pregnant and have a ten month old already. So th...

5 replies

Thanx for all your replies Sorry I cant send emails etc, but I will let you all know how I go All the best

Debra M

Scared of Labour - 1st bub due 24 jan 05

Hi to u all, u will probably see a great deal of me on the forum as I am absolutely petrified of...

23 replies

hi hows it going when i was preggs i had morning sickness from 6 and a half weeks till i gave birth to my son. Unfortunally i worked...

Jenni-Lea

I'M OVERDUE. Any tips to bring on baby.

I'm a few days overdue and would like any tips or advice on what i can do to bring baby on. I've ...

17 replies

I have had 2 overdue babies. My daughter was 2 weeks overdue by the time we were induced. Before this we tried evertything - sex, ...

Ashleesmum

Ceaser the second time around

Hi Everyone I am 26 weeks pregnant with my second child and am due to give birth early March 200...

11 replies

Good luck either way! I think you are right about everyone's body being different. I have never gone into labour spontaneously (2 ...

Merry

signs of early labour??

I'm just over 35 weeks preg at the moment and have been having braxton hicks since 22 weeks. Lat...

4 replies

I agree with getting it checked out by your doctor. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am 30 weeks. I had Braxton Hicks on Saturday nig...

cindymum2B

bubs has engaged

Hi everyone.. I am now 37 +3 weeks pregnant with my first. Doctor has just told me that bubs' hea...

7 replies

I dont believe the 5 day or the 2 week thing. As my first son engaged at 36 weeks, my 2nd son at 39weeks, adn I am now 30 weeks with...

Jenni-Lea

Shanaye Louise May was finally born

Hi all, I finally had my little girl on 13th November at 1107am. She was a week overdue. She was...

6 replies

congrats thats my sisters bday!

lani

WATER BIRTHS?

HI EVERYONE. JUST WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAS HAD A WATER BIRTH AND WHAT THERE FEELINGS ON THESE AR...

6 replies

hi, i had a water birth with my son, he was born 8/6/04 i had him in the spa in the burthing unit at flinders hospital. and i recome...

Nixmum

My Ebay Items

Hi Mums to be!!! I am selling alot of stuff on ebay,and alot of the items are baby stuff & books...

2 replies

i cant buy on ebay can you tell me what you have

Hershey

Hyperemesis

I had severe morning sickness with my daughter. I was hospitalised twice for re hydration and wa...

4 replies

Hi Julianne, You poor thing! I don't know how you went back four times, you deserve a medal. Nausea is one of the worst things to...

shellysue

anyone had a vbac within 12 months of caesar

hi girls, im 17 weeks pregnant with a 9 month old baby. we had a caesar last time at 38 weeks d...

7 replies

Hi ladies, I'm due on Feb 12. I've definitely been more sick with this pregnancy and had strange symptoms that I didn't have with m...

musicmum

anyone assisted in someone else's birth?

Hi. I've just come away from assisting my girlfriend with her second child. I was there for her f...

7 replies

hi renees-mum! how the heck did you fit that many people in your birthing suite? did you go private to be ALLOWED to do this, as th...

mum2one

Home Births

would love to hear from anyone out the there has had o home birth or is planning on having one. a...

5 replies

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you. I like the names you've given your girls. I've had lots of people say, 'My baby wou...

stephanie

Caeser under general anaesthetic

Hi everyone I would love to hear any stories/tips about having an elective C under general anaes...

16 replies

hi shelly, am glad to hear you are feeling better.Hve you found out what sex the next little bundle of joy is or are you going to ke...

Jeanie

Ob at Wesley Hospital?

Hi Can anyone recommend an OB who practices at the Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower, Brisbane?

5 replies

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Jeanie