Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

A - Z of natural pain releif

Hope you get your natural birth, I really do, but I had to laugh out loud at some of the things t...

5 replies

Natashastyles wrote: hey im 18 wks pregnant first child and want to meet other pregnant girls to chat with, i live in mt wellington ...

steph19

Packing my hospital bags

Ok, I've done the antenatal classes but am still a little unsure if I've packed enough ...

2 replies

Wow great lists ladies! I've added to my bag pen, notepad, snacks (which i just totally forgot). I've also decided i need ...

Shazam929-509

42 weeks and 1 day

Hi ladies today I am 42 weeks and 1 one day pregnant and friday is the big day at 9.00am I am goi...

3 replies

I'm 42 Weeks today Quite Bizarre really.... Feeling Great though. If "Tummy Baby" doesn't arrive today/tonight...

Acrylic Nails

Mel+2 is right. You probably won't want to put them back on once Harper is here. At least wh...

1 reply

I had super long acrylics when I had my DD1, I was never asked to remove them. Funnily enough when she was a couple days old I had ...

Since my other thread got removed, heres a more G rated question :)

Lol, no way. I did however shower before leaving for the hospital and make sure toes and nails we...

8 replies

Tori-93 wrote: I plan to wear trackies and a tank top with a jacket haha, why would you want to look all dressed up to give birth? ...

Northlandbirthstories

can you share your birth story?

NORTHLAND AND FAR NORTH MAMAS, CAN YOU HELP? Can you share your story? We lost our baby during b...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Northlandbirthstories

can you share your birth story?

NORTHLAND AND FAR NORTH MAMAS, CAN YOU HELP? Can you share your story? We lost our baby during b...

Iinami001

Bunderberg or gladstone which 1 to use public hospital?

Am moving to Agnes waters soon haven bub number 3 in July Does any1 have any feed back on either ...

4 replies

Haven't moved there yet should be there in about 3 weeks so long as we get the house . I have two older boys one will be going ...

Kryssie1985

Induction?

I am 40 weeks pregnant and at my antenatal clinic appointment the doctor rebooked me for this Fri...

14 replies

Congratulations

Fiestygirl

Has anyone experienced a hypnobirth?

Would like your feedback, I was looking at reading the book. I already enjoy yoga and meditation ...

7 replies

Wow Kryssie, congratulations! I'm part way through reading the book now, and all these positive experiences are inspiring to...

Carlysmith84-876

Did u feel the urge to push when in labour??

Hi ladies! I am half way through my second pregnancy and have been thinking about this! Did u fee...

15 replies

I had an epi but still felt pressure and the urge to push. Thankfully 3 big pushes and he was out.

mummy2acutie!

Frankston hospital

Hi ladies, Just wondering if anyone has had their baby at Frankston? I had my first one at Casey ...

4 replies

I had my 1st bub at Franskton in 2010 and found them to be wonderful. I did feel as though i was left to work it out my self for a b...

Anyone else had a silent birth?

Wow I've never even heard of this. I didn't know it was a possibility? Obviously I ca...

10 replies

My MIL had silent births with all 8 of her pregnancies. She says she would feel a little sick n half an hour later baby was in her a...

Karlieplowman

When will my first hospital appointment be? First time mum help!

Hi there I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my first child and I thought by now I would have had my first...

13 replies

Hello! Well I am almost 39 weeks pregnant now and a little clearer on what was meant to happen. I was referred to one hospital at a...

MrsF<3

Midwife Auckland region

Hey ladies I live in botany downs Auckland and I am just wondering if anyone recommends a good ...

2 replies

Hi i had Deborah Young, she is in flat bush so shes close to you. She is absolutely fantastic!!!! I wouldnt want to have any one oth...

steph19

who has used or plans to use the epi-no??

Hi all, for those that arent aware this is the balloon type contraption you use to get you prepar...

26 replies

Hello, I used it and paid $200 for it in 2008. My obstetrician recommened it, but like one of the other ladies, my baby was also i...

ally.law.tyler

being induced on due date

hi all im being induced next week and was would like to hear about other mothers experiences,how...

1 reply

I was induced at 37 weeks due to some complications the process took 105hrs for me; thats was the works, tape, gel x3 and then final...

ally.law.tyler

tips for my DF to cope during labour

Hi all my DF has asked me to post he is not sure what to expect and how to cope with me during l...

2 replies

As the others said The best he can do Is be there for you and Understand that aside from the back rubs and passing you water etc Lab...

Mjiasmithjuson

Waikato Hospital Birthing Suite

Hi, I am currently pregnant with my first child and have opted to give birth at Waikato Hospital ...

1 reply

I have not seen the birthing suites for a while but hear that they have all had a transformation now and are nice to birth in. As fa...

Amie_Zheng

Induction for medical reasons

Hi, I have to be induced for my second bub as i have developed cholestasis again. The same thing...

6 replies

I get Cholestasis as well through my pregnancies and the only thing i found that hurt more was the prostin pains (From the prostin g...

my_little_gremlin

Giving Birth alone

so after talking to my DP last night we came to the realisation that i will be giving birth comp...

9 replies

Gremlin you should have one of your friends have dd. even if they're not used to kids surely giving her to them for one day she...

Smythy09

Hard & fast birth of my baby boy =)

Used to read birth stories ALL THE TIME when I was pregnant & was so looking forward to posti...

1 reply

congrats. such an amazing birth story!

kris001

longer second labours? - a little bit scared

Hi All, My first (spontaneous) labour went like this... Waters "trickled" (broke) abo...

12 replies

My first labour was 3 hours from 1st contraction and i just made it to hospital. so i was nervous about 2nd labour. as soon as i fel...

Peachybaby

Id love to read some positive birth stories!

Hi Ladies, Does anyone have a positive birth story they'd like to share? Im 40+4 days (ge...

8 replies

I think my last birth story was positive. Woke to a sharp contraction at 2am then heard a pop as my waters broke. Rang my MW who c...

Oswyn

Perth Obstetrician & GP Obstetrician Recommendations Please

I would like some recommendations for Obstetricians and GP Obstetricians in the Perth metro area ...

4 replies

Has anyone got any feed back on Maria Kailis? She is a GP / Ob who works out of SJOG. I have booked in with her & my first appoi...

Kherena

Type 1 Diabetic Looking for Information

Hi everyone, I already have a two year old son and I am pregnant with my second baby, but I have...

3 replies

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for your quick responses. The medical team basically said they 'expect' the baby to drop suga...

Blue Skye's

Private Hospital or Public in Wellington New Zealand

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and have yet to call for an appointment with a midwife. I've heard...

2 replies

Thank you everyone ... In the end my partner and I decided to go Private due to my issues with bleeding and fibroids. I've been...

Ehunt-440

What was your third labour and birth like?

Hi everyone, am only 9.5weeks preg wth #3 but have just been curious abou what most mum's b...

5 replies

Congrats on number 3. My first daughters birth was like the others mentioned, long painful and difficult. My second daughters birth...

SurroMel

Townsville Birth Centre

Hi all! I was just wondering if anyone had given birth in Townsville recently? Would you recomme...

Ehunt-440

Mackay- QLD. Has anyone birthed at the Base Hospital recently?

Hi everyone, just wondering if there is anyone here who has recently had their baby at the Mackay...

Pal24

Labour- 10 weeks to go!

Hey ladies, need some tips, have 10 1/2 weeks to go, just wondering if there is anything I could ...

1 reply

I agree with the walking. I was walking everyday when pregnant with DS2 and at 38 weeks, I was 4cm dilated with no contractions at...

my_little_gremlin

Anyone birthed at Logan hospital recently?

hi mumma's just looking for anyone who has given birth at Logan hospital recently? im petr...

1 reply

I havent recently, but have had 3 of my children there, and thought they were amazing there, was a much better experience there than...

Rosie_Firkin

Possible Labour

Hey guys. Had on going period like cramping for about 16 hours. Some are painful others are not ...

4 replies

Does sound like pre labour possibly. How exciting!

MrsBaker1989

Evening Primrose Oil

Ok i know this has probebly been done over and over and over again but im looking for some tips ...

my_little_gremlin

a little scared!

ok.. so im pregnant with number 2 and i have to admit im a little scared of labour! my first was...

6 replies

With my first I had a third degree tear and ended up having my epidural left in for three days as there was so much pain. Couldn...

Nadia_Ahearn

Student Midwife seeking Brisbane women

Good Morning Everyone! My name is Nadia, I am about to embark on my 3rd year as a Student Nurse...

8 Years Later

Different Pregnancies & Births

My previous pregnancy and birth was all so un-natural. There was nothing normal about it and ever...

6 replies

MissxYummyxMummyx wrote: @ jersabelle: thanks for sharing your story! I now know not to go anywhere near noarlunga hospital for anyt...

Ja_England2008

Going into labour for a VBAC

Hi, I'm now due with my second child after having an emergency c-section with my first. This time...

10 replies

So happy for you that your baby girl is finally here with you!! Sounds like the dr. did everything the right way too!! I'm glad too ...

Ja_England2008

Contractions stopping and starting

I am full term and have been having quite intense period type pains in my lower abdomen and back ...

9 replies

You poor thing! I know what its like to have breasts that are that sore and I didnt feed for 7 hours. Yes I'm healing well and I'm g...

Bubs could be born on mothers day

That would be a good gift! My DD1 was due on May 13th, she came on the 23rd But, my very first ...

12 replies

My baby was due around Mother's Day last year but was born over 3 weeks early .... I was just thrilled to have her out in one piece,...