Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

The_Sage_Mother

Where to buy Castor Oil?

Just wondering for all you ladies who have tried taking the Castor oil for natural induction-Wher...

7 replies

I was told to put some into OJ to make it taste better, nothing makes it taste better.It did nothing for me except g...

Daniam

Coccyx pain and subsequent delivery

When delivering my DS I sustained a fracture to my coccyx. Pain treated with glucosamine, medicat...

2 replies

Thank you so much for the relies. I'm over 2 years now with the pain and it doesn't seam to be letting up so I am concerne...

Miss_Sarahlee

Lochia same after birth and TOP?

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced or knows if the lochia after child birth would be t...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
renz_place

Every birth is different

Hi ladies (and gentlemen if there are any here). When pregnant with my son I found it extremely ...

R2_x

Labour....potential of birth partners not seeing everything???

Hey everyone who has given birth before!! I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant with my first bub...

13 replies

I found the hospital gown covered all the right parts for me and DP stayed well away from my neither regions as he is a fainter lol

Iinami001

Breech babies

Am 31 weeks and doc has told me baby girl is breech any ideas on how to flip her round she said t...

5 replies

Try not to worry, i had a scan at 28weeks, and i wasn't even told bub was in breach until the 2nd midwife appointment after. (m...

Aleysha_Schmidt

Hind Waters

Hey ladies im due to have my 3rd baby in 3 weeks and yesterday my hind waters broke. No contracti...

1 reply

thanks

Is gas classed as a drug for a 'drug free labour'?

I'd expect technically not. But it should be...in my experience gas doesn't actually d...

41 replies

My labour was 18+ hour with 5 hours or unsuccessful pushing which ended up being a Kiwi cup delivery. During the time I was pushing ...

Akatex69

Really starting to freak now...

Well I went into have an ultrasound today to see the size of my little man as I was due Tuesday j...

5 replies

my first was 9.10 and I had epe with him and 5 stiches and then my second was 8.8 and I had gas with her and no stiches. but the wa...

My waters broke!!! - Updated with photos

Oooh how exciting! Good luck!

140 replies

Congratulations

House*of*boyz

Due today!!!!

As title says I am due today with #4 and have just woken to find I have lost my plug!!!! Fingers ...

29 replies

Nawwww thanks everyone I have tried putting a piccy up but must have baby brain lol will try again soon. Hebis doing brilliantly but...

MarniT

Pulic Vs Private Hospital

Ok so I'm fishing for some information here. We had our fist child in the public system and now ...

12 replies

After Medicare rebates etc it will be about $3k. i hit the Medicare safety net after paying my ob management fee which wad $2k so go...

skeeto&squeak

4csections of VBA3C questions..

Hi there, I know there is lots of threads regarding VBAC vs Csection, but i was wondering if anyo...

1 reply

My cousin-in-law has had 5 c-sections. I am not sure of what the details are/were though sorry. I do know that after her third she w...

Jessica_Burton-55

Child Abuse Victim - Scared about birth

Just wondering if there is anyone else who has felt the anxiety, shame and fear that I am feeling...

3 replies

Firstly I want to say congrats on your pregnancy and I'm very sorry this happened to you. I can't help much but have you t...

3beauties1prince

epidural and natural birth experiences

im 31 weeks with our 3rd baby girl. ive had 2 natural births with the 2nd being alot quicker and ...

1 reply

I had an epidural in the end. Can't say i had a drug free birth, only because they gave me syntocin in the end and it was far t...

woodpack

Delay cord clamping and cutting and placenta delivery?

Hi all I was just wanting to hear from other that have delayed clamping and cutting the cord af...

34 replies

I'm wanting to do this but I'm worried I may not be able to as my IUD is still actually in the uterus. Has anyone else had...

Number_2_ontheway

VBAC Vs Repeat C-Section Help!!!

HI Ladies, I had an emergency c-section in 2011 to deliver my little boy after a long labour ind...

5 replies

With DD she was breach and the hospital told me just to have a c/s. The second it wore off i was up in the shower changing my bed sh...

Elliseroofayel

Mucus plug

Hi I lost my mucus plug this morning after having a stretch and sweep done on Monday (2days ago)...

1 reply

Thanks! I'm hoping it starts within the next 24hours!

Elliseroofayel

Stretch and sweep

Hi Being a first time mum I'm unsure of what exactly happens when contractions etc kick in....

2 replies

Lets hope it works for me! I have started getting lower back pain and light period type pain but it's only very light so I gues...

Lilsunflower

Going over and over the birth in your head

Has anyone felt at the time that the birth of their bub went well but then on further reflection ...

4 replies

Bubby boy is 3 and a half weeks old. I was induced, menbranes ruptured, had meconium staining and then syntocin drip put up and it w...

**Christie&MissMonkey**

Induced Early? By Choice?

Hey mums; I have a bit of a question; early on in my pregnancy my parents split, my dad moved to ...

15 replies

it isn't that its not safe as such. It is, but it definitely comes with risks. They were only ever supposed to use induction f...

Inductions

I had both my bubs at wch and was induced both times in the morning. Had my waters broken then bu...

6 replies

I didnt have a full induction, as in it all started with the Gel. My waters ended up breaking one night, 5 days before my due date a...

What a freakin experience ladies!!!!

Congratulations Bugs So great to hear that Reid is here safe and well. Brilliant name BTW, it&#...

26 replies

he is just so gorgeous Bugs, perfect little man. Good to hear he is feeding well, hoepfully you can rest a little before the whirlw...

Chun_40_7

Private Cord blood banking

We in the end went with Cryosite after months of research and took all the factors into account, ...

Emily Bronte

Group B Strep Positive experiences

Hi, just wondering if anyone can let me know what is involved with a positive group b strep test?...

4 replies

I didn't get to the hospital in time. In fact, when I did get there, the nurses didn't even check if I had it or not. I ...

Akatex69

what was your 3rd pregnancy like

I know they say every pregnancy is diffrent but what was your 3rd time like. Im 38 weeks tomorrow...

1 reply

I'm about to deliver my third and am in a false sense of security that it will be the same as my others - fingers crossed it is...

preggo_pants

Obstetrician won't let us meet the midwife

My obstetrician won't let me meet the midwifery team. I talked to him about it at our first ...

7 replies

Thanks everyone, I am finding it very useful reading all of the different perspectives and experiences. skye84, thanks for the reas...

Partners and labour and birth

Packed everything. books food ds ipod - used none of it!!! didnt make it to the delivery room. go...

20 replies

I was induced and spent the night before with the catheter in, in the morning my boyfriend got one of his bad migraines, so I felt s...

awaitingJP

Private vs public

Hi all, I'm trying to decide which path to take for my new pregnancy, private or public? In...

2 replies

Hi and thanks miss Kel! Def covered by private as had been ttc for 13months! Yeah I've had a bad experience in ED with my mum (...

steph19

waters broke - who would have guessed!?

So i posted about taking precautions should your waters break at home. Well a couple days later a...

3 replies

Congrats

Squidlet

The things you said:

During labour we all say things that we swear will never leave the room. What were they? Mine: 1...

34 replies

My husband complained of a toothache. He said my head did a 360 and I said in a man voice "you wanna try pushing a human out of...

Mummy2Be :)

TMI - "pulled muscle"

ok so this is a bit of a TMI issue.... (I am currently 35w5d) So you know that feeling you get w...

3 replies

I am 36 weeks and have been having the exact same feeling for the past week and a half, on and off - But, when its on, it is quite p...

steph19

Waters breaking - did you take any precautions?

Had my doctors appointment yesterday at 36 wks but baby is measuring an average of 37 weeks and ...

11 replies

PUT TOWELS IN YOUR CAR!! With my daughter at 38 weeks I was scheduled to be induced on Monday due to being diagnosed with cholest...

HELP! pleaseee

When are you due tori? My labour started in the middle of the nite and I have read alot of peopl...

11 replies

Tori-93 wrote: I will take my pad off tonight if it happens again (what i feel) i will smell and see if its wee or not. Hopefully i ...

Going to try

Ha... I was the same as you with my first baby Tori and tried everything. He came on his due dat...

10 replies

Tori-93 wrote: Ohh i would understand if you were jealous. I am of everyone who has had their babies in the last month haha Hahaha, ...

Is this all I need for the hospital?

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote: TBH I think you may be over packing smile Obviously this depends on how l...

8 replies

I think you've packed too much too. I packed heaps of stuff that I didn't end up using and it just got in the way. Your ...

Erblakemore1985

Dogs behaviour changing - is this it??

Hi All - 35 weeks today Our two dogs (bitches) are the best of friends, and get along really w...

2 replies

They are both desexed, one 4 years old and the other is coming up for one and is the older ones puppy, so have always been together ...

Evvvie

Peel Health Campus and other birth questions!! Please help

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experiences with PHC. I'm worried about sharing a ro...

4 replies

I had all 3 of my kids in peel health campus. My first I was alone in my room, the second I dont remember but my last bubs who is 9 ...

Jlk_020

Darwin Private Hospital

Hi Ladies, I like the idea of going through the private hospital, as this is my first pregnany b...

A - Z of natural pain releif

Hope you get your natural birth, I really do, but I had to laugh out loud at some of the things t...

5 replies

Natashastyles wrote: hey im 18 wks pregnant first child and want to meet other pregnant girls to chat with, i live in mt wellington ...