Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth

Your Labour and Birth

awaitingJP

Calm birth

Just after any experiences people have had with calm birth? I'm thinking about doing a cours...

1 reply

It's a specific programme

random labour question

Both times I went in at night time so yes I changed to labour clothes. I birthed in a crop top bra.

8 replies

DD1 we left for the hospital around 8pm so I was just wearing trackies and jumper. Spent most of the labour in and out of the bath f...

Terror Tots

Who used a bath in their birthing suite

Other then those who had a water birth....who used the bath in their birthing suite for pain reli...

11 replies

I ended up getting a singlet top and undie set from BigW. Figured that way I can wear it under whatever I wear to the hospital and ...

Terror Tots

Has anyone been sick at the time of going into labour?

So with just two weeks to go before my due date, I am getting over a bout of tonsilitis and now h...

6 replies

nadz27 wrote: I spent the night before DD was born throwing up, went into labour 30min after arriving at hospital to get fluids. Don...

Daniam

* UPDATED : Chase arrived! How long was your pre-labour in second pregnancy

Last night I had braxton hicks contractions starting from 3.30 pm all the way into the evening. I...

21 replies

Congrats daniam and a big welcome to little Chase

lucky2013

Positive Epidural Birth Stories

Hi ladies, I'm due with my first baby in November & have decided to have an epidural. ...

37 replies

I had an epi with my induction and I had the funny spot that didn't take, but one of the midwives had a fair bit of experience ...

Mama-to-one

C-section and tubal litigation/partial hysterectomy

Hello ladies I'm 15 weeks pregnant and considered a high risk pregnancy due to a medical co...

2 replies

Clax wrote: I have been advised not to have anymore children due to a number of health issues including a blood clotting disorder an...

jennyk

drains in caesers

am interested in hearing if anyone has had to have an abdominal drain put in because of profuse b...

13 replies

I am day 4 after C section with drain after bleeding and clotting problems, the pain drain side after removal is far worse than the ...

sunshinevet

Terrified of Vaginal birth?!?!

So DP and I have been casually ttc the last few months - mostly waiting for my cycle to normalise...

13 replies

I think it's perfectly normal to be scared. It's a scary thing to go through. My sons birth wasn't the greatest but h...

Anon139

HOSPITAL BAG

I have been searching the Internet high and low for a hospital bag checklist but would love to he...

11 replies

Thanks all so much for your recommendations. Looks like ill be writing up a list tonight and shopping next week

agib

Induction!

Im due to be induced in a week.. this is my second baby and I was induced with the first so I rea...

10 replies

I'm 39 weeks and 4 days and haven't been anxious about birth till now, mainly because I don't want to be induced!! Ge...

R2_x

Signs the couple days before labour kicked in?

Hi everyone, Im now 37 weeks and a couple days, and am just wondering what were the symptoms/or...

9 replies

39 weeks and 4 days and still waiting ;(

Mummy to PJ

36 weeks pregnant with #2 and bubba is posterior

Hi, I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant with bubba #2 and concerned that bubba has turned from a...

8 replies

thank you ladies for you kind words and stories - I am feeling a little more relaxed about the whole posterior thing now. I have be...

Squidlet

I heard this the other day

*insert giggle* Allegedly you give birth in the same position the baby was conceived. It's t...

18 replies

alltherightreasons wrote: It amazes me that people even know what position they were in when they conceived! +1 , but I find we go ...

KelseyBee

Student midwife in Brisbane seeking expectant mothers! Share your pregnancy journey and birth experience with a student who's passionate about all things mum & bub.

Hello, my name is Kelsey. I am a second year Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery student at...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Daniam

Induction, C-section or wait and see???

I had my 34 weeks scan to check bubs size and placenta location. Bubs is cooking perfectly. Measu...

7 replies

It's a super tough one here's how I look at it... None of the option are ideal - Induction - can lead to more interventio...

anthea b

When does your Dr/Midwife see your birth plan? or do they just ask you things?

i have been working on my birth plan (getting the other half to sit with me as i go over it and l...

5 replies

Our hospital don't like birth plans, so when I mentioned I had one she didn't want to see it. Hadn't met the midwife ...

Fail to progress

Probably not what your SIL wants to hear but I was in labour for 30 hours before my csection. T...

16 replies

Curious One & The Curious Two wrote: just gave her a call she said she'll healing up great and alex is feeding brilliantly ...

lena0

Birth after tearing?

Hey ladies, I've been thinking a bit lately about when we might have another baby. I had a ...

11 replies

With my 1st I had a forceps delivery and sustained a small internal gutter tear that required a couple of stitches. I'm now pre...

SquigglesandMe

Your Experience With Membrane Sweeping?

Hi Ladies! Just wondering if there are many people out there who have had a membrane sweep and, ...

2 replies

I had one on Monday and I am still waiting

AmyClare3101

C Section vs Vaginal Birth after 3/4th degree tear- WITH KNEE INJURY!!

I am hoping for some feedback. I am 35+6 with my second. I had a vaginal delivery with my first d...

5 replies

Completely agree with Axiom, the concern to me would be that you still have tear related problems like LBL. Can you get a 2nd opini...

morniet

Advice from contact lens wearers

Hi all This might seem like a silly question but it's something I'd like some advice o...

1 reply

you could look at getting the ones you leave in for a month if they will suit your eyes. I don't think I wore my glasses or con...

Thrush

As far as I know it is not advisable. It is so easy to treat thrush and you don't need to us...

1 reply

Why isn't she treating it...you can use those tubes that you squirt up there even when preggers.... ewww though.

Number_2_ontheway

Stretch and Sweep

Hi Ladies, I am now 38 weeks pregnant, I have been suffering Gestational Hypertension since 35 w...

5 replies

I had a s&s around 10am the morning I was 2cm's dialated and 4 days overdue. I went to hospital only 3cms at 11pm then had ...

henrysmumma+1

2nd Child, 2nd Induction, VERY NERVOUS!

So I'm getting induced on the 11th with my 2nd child (nearly 7 years after my first inductio...

6 replies

She was 3300g or 7pd 4oz... And if she had of waited just one more day, or his flight home hadnt been cancelled (only cancelled flig...

Delivering own baby

I did, but I had a homebirth so I could do whatever I wanted. Speak to your care provider about i...

4 replies

I kind of did. I felt DD2s head coming out & etc, but water birth- the midwife asked me to pick her up & I physically couldn...

mummypride

whats your opinion on Ipswich hospital?

Hey ladies ive just moved to redbank plains and have booked into ipswich hospital to have my thir...

3 replies

Hey, I had my first at Ipswich hospital little over 3 years ago and I'm due to have my second bub at Ipswich on the 24th of Jun...

anthea b

In laws coming to delivery? (unwanted) ..wording help

I have been meaning to sit down with the other half to go over the birth plan and tell him my per...

22 replies

hi. I had same prob when I was due, and I was having a cs. I was scared to offend anyone, but I was adamant it would only be me n hu...

Snuffleupagus

Induction?

I've just been booked in for an induction in 9 days and I'm kinda freaking out. Anyone...

7 replies

I was induced at 39wks with my first due to him not getting enough nutrients and being small. I had my waters broken and the drip in...

Bloody mucus plug

I lost mine the day before my daughter was born... Hopefully her bub stays in there a little lon...

1 reply

First pregnancy lost in the night before my son was born, second pregnancy started losing it about 3-4 weeks before....

Bianca_Bulst

Inducing Labour

Hey everyone, Im 40+1weeks today, and I saw the doctor today about inducing. Due to finding out I...

4 replies

I had to get induced with my first as little miss broke the waters at 35 weeks, the docs told me to have twice weekly checkups and o...

Snuffleupagus

When did your labor start?

I write this in frustration- I'm 39 weeks due in 2 days and for over a week every night I ha...

4 replies

I'm in the same place as you and I am so frustrated I just want bub out! It's uncomfortable and I'm over the false la...

bub077

Brisbane - OB and Hospital.

Hi everyone, I am soon going to TTC (once waiting period over) and would love some help and guida...

3 replies

Thanks Little Miss, so much to get your head around!!!!!! Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

ethsmum81

cervadil induction

has anyone gone through this recently? im 39 weeks with my 3rd and am having this done 2moro, i h...

3 replies

thankyou for your replies. ive just got back from the hospital. tape is in, felt a few twinges but nothing major. i was freaking out...

Birth Plan

You may also want to include guidance for the staff whether you would like them to talk to you or...

2 replies

I wrote out a birth plan too and made sure it was completely agreed and stuck too! i didnt want anything else but a pain relief free...

anthea b

Why Black undies?

So i am seeing lots of recommendations to pack 'black' undies in the labour bag..... wh...

12 replies

yeah the blog i was reading said that she had no leakage with using them so might give them a try.

Spamelamela

Sunnybank Private or Greenslopes?

Hi All Has anyone had any good or bad experiences at either hospital? we aren't due until ...

1 reply

Thanks guys. I think we will check out both and do a tour then decide. Sunnybank is more convenient for us but I also want a great ...

Cheekie_Chopz

Conditions for the birthing pool

Hey ladies I cant seem to find any info or conditions of the birthing pool. This time around I wo...

5 replies

I had never really thought about a water birth, but with my second baby, after finding a bath had relieved the pain at home, the hos...

Kimregts

wondering whether to go public or private at joondalup hospital

i would really like access to a bath during labour and was wondering if the public section provid...

LouChoo

birthing in LGH (Tas)

who has given birth as a public patient in the Launceston General Hospital? were you offered pai...