Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Turning Breech Births Rss

Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of having their breech baby turned by the oby at the 37+ week mark?

I went to my checkup today and the oby stated that if bub hasn't turned by then, depending on the presentation of the breech (and my permission of course) he would book my into hospital and turn the baby. I have looked up a few books and searched a couple of sites, but I can't seem to find any relevant info.

Any information would be most welcome!

Thanks, Mel smile

Mel, NSW, Boy 02/03 & Girl 04/05

Hi Mel

We have some information available here in our Pregnancy and Birth section of the Huggies website (<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_birth/anten... Baby's Position</a>). You may like to seek more information from your Obstetrician before you make your decision. I'm sure some of the Mums on the Parents Exchange can offer you some personal insights into this as well.

Cheers
Lauraine
Hi Mel,

My second bub was breech at 35 wks and my ob gave me til 37 wks for her to turn. Every night when I went to bed I would rub my stomach to try and massage the baby around the right way. I don't know if it helped or not, but she did turn in time.

Hope your baby turns itself by 37 wks. Good luck.

Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

Thanks Daniell & Lauraine for the info! I'm doing all I can myself that they recommend, plus I am having reflexology done and am also encouraging bub to move by massaging my stomach myself - I would dance naked in the light of the full moon if I thought that it would help wink . All the people I know that have had breech have either had the baby turned themself or had a c-sect. I've never enccoutered anyone with a pesonal account of the doctor turning their baby....

Hey Everyone, my son was in the perfect position until around 36 weeks and then turned to breech position. He didnt go back as he just didnt have the room. I was told and heard from a few ladies who had acupuncture to turn the babies which worked.

My youngest brother was also breech and the Drs moved him around twice. My mum said it was very painful and each time she would get home and the baby went straight back to breech position. I am not sure if they still use the so proceedure or if things have developed over 30years ago.

Both mum and I had caesareans and although it was NOT want we wanted however at the end of the day as long as you have a healthy baby that is what really matters.

I hope it all works out for you!

Thanks for the reply. I have a heathy scepticism to all medical procedures that describe procedures as causing "discomfort", and all the info I have read on turning breech babies use that term! Like going through pregnancy and labour doesn't cause enough "discomfort" ....

Sign in to follow this topic