I had a VBAC in April after emergency ceaser for twins in 2004.
The VBAC ended in an emergency laparotomy due to PPH. I lost 3 litres and had 3 units of blood.
In hind sight I wish I'd had a ceaser again, although I had a perfect vaginal delivery up until the PPH. Mind you, I blame the OBS for forcing me to deliver the placenta eventhough I was not ready too, I wasn;'t contracting. He had to pull at the cord which tore from the placenta.
I had ongoing issues with bleeding pain etc for 3mths post partum.
Goodluck and hope it all goes well.
Remember we are all individuals. Tell your obst that too.
Be your own advocate, but utimately take their advice, and keep yourself and bub safe.
I had both deliveries at NWPH on brisbane northside. Different obs though.
Im new here and i read every page up till page 14 then i gave up lol. I wil tell my story:
My first pregnancy was girl/boy twins. I was induced when i was 37 weeks (they broke my waters and put a drip in) and i was given a time limit up until 4:30pm that afternoon, well that time came and went, I was fully dialated but Alice's hear was facing up instead of having her chin to her chest, i was running a temperature and so i had to have an emergency csection. i also should add that i went privately
Second time around i was pregnant with a singleton (a boy) I waited and waited to go into labour, i kept going into labour but it would go after a few hours and it never stayed. At my 39 week appointment my Ob gave me the choice i either booked in for a csection or i had to wait another week, i decided to book in. Im forever grateful that i did as he was a big baby (4115kg) and he was actually really sick at birth, he wasnt breathing as he had mechonium in his mouth etc. they had to suction it out of him and he ended up going to the SCN for 6 hours. The pead had told me that if i waited another week that he would of been dead especially if i had laboured with him.i also should add that i went privately and that he was measuring a week ahead in all the scans and nobody would listen to me in regards to that.
So now im pregnant again (22 weeks) and i would really really love a VBA2C but this time im going public and im still at the same hospital (the mater mothers in brisbane) and when i said that i wanted a VBA2C you would of thought that i was telling them that its a hostage situation or that i was going to shoot them. The OB said that its not a straight up no however most OBs at the hospital wont do it and wil refuse it. I would have to wait until the day to see who is on and weather they will take me on or not, if not straight up to have a csection. Im now feeling very sad and upset, i want a VBA2C as i have 3 kids to run around after already (i caught my partner cheating on me, it had been going on for 3 months so now im a single parent) so its a mission of mine to at least try for one.
The 2things that bothers me is the OB stated to me that the risk of rupture is 1 in 100. Well thats fine with me and my other problem is why cant i just try, why do i have to fight this. I guess my dream option would be that i get induced at 38 weeks and try to have a VBA2C even though there is more of a chance at a rupture, i want to get induced as this baby is measuring a week ahead also and i dont want something happening like the last one. I would hate to wait to go into labour and then get told that they wont let me labour and that i would have to have a csection as that would devistate me.
What can i do?? Do i get a doula? or a private midwife to help me fight this and be supportive if i get my VBA2C way?? Or do i try and find an OB who will be suportive of me trying this and still let me deliver at the mater mothers in brisbane??
I know that im still a while away from making the offcial decisions but the midwife told me to talk to teh Ob today and he obviously thought that i was nuts
Any and all advice is greatly accepted as im a little sad right now that my dream looks like its not going to happen