Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Birthing Centres with Water Birth fac. in Newcastle/Central Coast Area?

Birthing Centres with Water Birth fac. in Newcastle/Central Coast Area? Rss

Hi - I am presently 26 weeks pregnant and would like to have a 'water birth'. (well, at least for when I am in labour, anyway). I am presently booked in through Wyong hospital (Central Coast Health) but I am looking at possibly going somewhere where I am guaranteed able to labour in water (birthing pool).
Does anybody know anywhere where I would be able to do this, ie, a birthing centre for low risk where they will have these type of facilities?

Anywhere on the Central Coast or in the Newcastle area would be good.

Thanks

Linda

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

I have heard that the John Hunter Hospital Newcastle has birthing suites for those not wishing to use any drugs during labour and you are able to use the bath during the labour and birth. I don't know how correct this is, but it is worth asking about.

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

thankyou - I will enquire about it.

Linda (Jessica 3/4/03, Caleb 11/4/05)

North Gosford private has one one i think!,
when are you due? im due on the 8may and are seeing the wyong midwives too.
i saw manuela on my last visit and she they've nearlly finished the up grades.
There will be 6 new birthing rooms all with bath facilities, it is due to be finished in mid feb.
She said they have a protocol on water births as yet, but they may by time your due.

She also mentioned that even if they bring in water births your not garenteed to have one even if you want one she said it depens on the midwife on duty if they want to deliver that way or not, but if worse come to worse she said they could drain the bath at the very last second.

any-way hpoe that helps............

Rochelle, mother of 2

Hi Linda
I had my baby boy Hamish in a Birthing Centre in September o4. I was very pleased with the whole experience, I was in WA though.
I arrived at the centre at 2:30pm and Hamish was born 4 hours later. I spent that whole four hours in the shower and gave birth in the shower aswell. I found this good as the shower has a few shower heads that detached so you could point them on different areas for pain relief on back and stomach.
They also had a huge bath you could use for labour but in WA you have to pull the plug when the babys head shows.

Good luck
Naomi
Sign in to follow this topic