Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. anyone had a vbac within 12 months of caesar

anyone had a vbac within 12 months of caesar Rss

hi girls,

im 17 weeks pregnant with a 9 month old baby. we had a caesar last time at 38 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia. i had to have a general as they couldnt get the epidural in. i didnt find it too hard emotionally as i had no expectations of birth and the result was as intended a healthy baby.

my doctor suprised me at my last visit by saying that he's not dismissing a vbac. the midwife previously had told me it was not possible.

apparently because bella was 7 pounds and im with the same partner there's less chance of having pre eclampsia again.

im not wanting to look at mountains of information on the net, anyone care to share there experiences.

shell

bella, 03/03/04, baby 2 due 07/05/05

hi i am 19 weeks pregnant and my youngest baby is 8 months old and he was an emergancy ceasar and i am hopeing to have a natural birth with this baby my first 3 were all natural and it is alot less painfull and the recovery time is alot less. when i saw my OBGYN this time i quizzed him for the best part of an hour about everything and he said that unless there is an obvious problem that after only one ceaser usually there is no problem haveing a natural birth but that you do need to be closely monatered because with everything once you have a mager op the risks are greater then if you hadn't had an op, but the way you have your baby comes down to what you are most comftable with and how badly you want a natural birth, some woman only want ceasers ( i personally would never of had one if i had of had the choise) i hope this is of some help to you. good luck with this baby and i hope you both are healthy smile
hi nat,

it sounds like you're having two close together as well, it's great isnt it.
it does come down to what you want, it's just a big decision to make. i think i'll relax about making that decision and see how i feel as it gets closer. that's the good thing i dont have to decide now, and i'd hate to have my heart set on one thing and be forced to have the other.

shell

HI, I AM 30WKS WITH MY 2ND (MY FIRST WILL BE 2YRS 5MTHS WHEN NO. 2 BORN). I HAD A C-SECT 1ST TIME AS BABY WAS BREECH. I RECOVERED WELL AND HAD NO PROBS. ONLY THING NOW IS THAT IF I HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER C-SECT I WILL HAVE THIS ACTIVE TODDLER TO LOOK AFTER AS WELL AS A NEWBORN. I'M SO UP-IN-THE-AIR ABOUT WHICH ROAD TO TAKE FOR THE UPCOMING DELIVERY. U HEAR SO MANY HORROR BIRTH STORIES OF IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE DONE, BUT THE THOUGHT OF THE PAINFUL RECOVERY PERIOD WITH A C-SECT IS ALSO A TURN-OFF. I'M STILL TO MAKE A FIRM DECISION. I'M SURE BY ABOUT 38 WKS I WILL TAKE ANYTHING I CAN SO AS TO GET BABY OUT!
hi lizzie,

30 weeks, wow. how has your pregnancy gone so far, what does your ob say?
it's hard isnt it to make a decision about the unknown, i totally understand the decision you're facing as im sure i'll be in the exact same position.
i guess you've just got to listen to your gut feeling and trust your body, the main thing is that you and your baby is healthy.

relax with the decision and try not to let fear be the main issue - it's scary i know.

shell

hi lady's while i to am in the same situaltion i have also had 3 natural births before i had my ceaser. for me there really isn't a decition to make because i know what i want. i know that there is a big chance that i will have to have another ceaser but i will try natural knowing that if my body can't handle it i will have to have a ceaser. this time around though i will not have the guilt that i felt last time i had to have a ceaser because i have time to deal with it before it happens.
when are you all due?
hi girls,

we're due the 7th may, currently 18 weeks.
its such a shame to hear that we sometimes feel guilt about having a caesar,
we were just grateful that bella and i were ok, years ago, we would have been in danger of not making it, surely the outcome is the main issue.
nothing ever seems to happen the way it's supposed to in life for me, but im very grateful for what i have.
im going to try to relax and just see what happens, i feel like if i make a decision, it will lead to expectations and disappointment.

shell

Hi ladies, I'm due on Feb 12. I've definitely been more sick with this pregnancy and had strange symptoms that I didn't have with my first but hopefully these last 9 weeks shouldn't go too badly. I wouldn't feel guilty about having a c-sect again. If anyone was as negative to me about not having a vaginal birth as some of the women I've read about on this website, I would challenge them to have major surgery and then come home within days to look after a newborn, breast-feed, look after the house, pets, etc, etc. I've got a friend who as we speak is in hospital with her 2nd baby a week after giving birth and basically can't leave because her little one swallowed so much amniotic fluid during labour/delivery and he won't stop vomitting. He's losing weight and has been in ICU since yesterday. If this could have been avoided by performing a swift c-sect, she would have done it in a heartbeat. So as you said, yes, it IS the outcome that is the main issue. Mother and baby need to be healthy and well at all cost. It's the same with breastfeeding. Some women can't do it, don't want to do it - or for whatever reason just don't breastfeed. Then too many people try to push their opinions on to those women. It's like religion and politics. It's only up to the individual. Goodluck.
Sign in to follow this topic