Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. I'M OVERDUE. Any tips to bring on baby.

I'M OVERDUE. Any tips to bring on baby. Rss

Sorry I missed you while you were still overdue. I would have suggested accupuncture. I was one week over and due to be induced, despite my cervix being closed. And I had just one session of accupuncture and the next day obstet was able to get 2 fingers through and felt the head, so my waters were broken and 12 hours later had baby. I can't say if the accupuncture did anything, who knows what would have happened? But, it can't do any harm and is way better than raspberry leaf tea!!! (btw, you can get it in tablet form too)

mumto3, Qld, 3, 2 & newborn

Congrates jen...finally bub came...LOL!! Hope your both well,and sorry to hear u didn't make it to the 1st bday party...bummer!
All the best n kis kis to bubs

melb,vic....2yr old boy

Hi girls, just letting you know I too had 1 session of accupuncture when i was 2 weeks overdue as they were doing a trial on it at the hospital at the time. I had it at 8pm Sunday night, and was in labour by 7am the next morning. Its abit of an extreme measure, but if your desperate it's worth a shot - I know how frustrating it can be.

Good luck!
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Ohh, another thing I mentioned in another post is Clary Sage Oil, either in an oil burner or inhaled on a cotton pad is supposed to bring on labour.

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Hi everyone. A friend in mother's group swears that nipple stimulation worked for her. I've read that it can bring on labour but quite viciously. Sounds a bit scary. Also, I was told several times that you can start taking raspberry leaf tea or tablets in the last trimester. I'm nearly 32 weeks and have been taking tablets since week 30. This is what i did with my first. It is supposed to help during labour (had c-sect first time!) and should help your uterus contract after birth as well. Who knows though. We mothers to be will try anything that sounds promising I think (as long as it's safe of course)!
I have had 2 overdue babies. My daughter was 2 weeks overdue by the time we were induced. Before this we tried evertything - sex, nipple stimulation, running around with a soccer ball kicking it. It did not work.

With my second, I was determined not to go 2 weeks over again. I too tried acupuncture - I was 3 days overdue and had my session - 6 hours later, I was in labour and within an hour, my son was born.

Jodie, Qld. Madison (09/09/00), Ashton (22/01/04)

Sign in to follow this topic