Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. I'M OVERDUE. Any tips to bring on baby.

I'M OVERDUE. Any tips to bring on baby. Rss

I'm a few days overdue and would like any tips or advice on what i can do to bring baby on. I've heard of a few like sex but i don't have a partner so that's out of the question. I'm so anxious to meet my little girl and i'm so over being pregnant now. Can anyone help???

Jenni, mum of Shanaye born 13-11-2004.

Sorry Jenni ... I tried all the tricks in the book. Short of doing something stupid bub is going to come out when they are good and ready ... but I can sympathise with you cause I was exactly the same as you about 4 months ago LOL

There is a post floating around in the 'Pregnancy and Births' section which mothers have suggested tips to bring on labour. I will try and find it and bump it up for you to see.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Intercourse appaerntly sperm starts labour
Hi,
I tried driving over bumpy roads, walking a long way, eating fresh pineapple, HOT baths, but the day I stopped trying was the day I went into labour. So I don't really know if was all my effort or not. hope u go into labour soon.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

This post has been edited by the moderator.
hi!

have you tried "raspberry leaf tea?". it's one of those things that you're supposed to stay away from while pregnant as it can bring on contractions and therefore labour-obviously it's safe to take at the end of the pregnancy and i know a couple of people who have. i actually TRIED to, just a warning- go to a health food shop or such as the "raspberry tea" made by liptons, etc contains very little, if any "leaf". it has to be "raspberry LEAF". after my failed attempt, i decided that it was a sign that i couldn't force him to come, he was gonna come when he wanted to! (this was my 2nd). anyway, just my suggestion! grin not to get you down, but with my third, i had really light contractions from thursday through saturday (getting stronger as each hour/day wore on) my mother in law was called when they got to 1min apart, even though they still weren't excruciating and she turned up at about 4 in the morning-poor thing. my husband and i went to the hospital and everything stopped. i went home and tried to bring it on again-mainly walked around and had hot showers. i finally went back into the hospital about 4pm and finally got to meet my 3rd little guy at about 9 that night!!!

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

the wait is over
jenni had her bub on the same day as Hannahs 1st bday and i feel awful cause she didnt have a support person with her . sad .

but they are both doing really well. getting lots of rest in hospital for a few days now.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

...don't keep us in suspense, what are the details? sex, name, weight, length,...or are you purposely leaving that to jenni??? wink

3 boy bundles of joy under 6, qld

thats great news. glad to hear that they are both doing good. shame that she didnt have her support person with her. was there someone else there to support her?

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

no. just the doctoer and the midwife. i had to get everything ready for my daughters 1st bday party.

i bet you pretty bumed out too. really happy that everything is ok though. that is the main thing

natasha jayde - 1-1-05 ttc #2 end ong this year

yep i am dissapointed but i guess thats how it was sposed to be. it all happens for a reason ( as they say)
but yes i will let Jen fill in all the details for you all.

Sign in to follow this topic