Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pre labour signs?? Rss

I'm 33+3 and last night woke up with terrible stomach pains (sorry for tmi and had explosive diarrhea). Slept fine and went to work only to have diarrhea again. I came home and slept for 5 hours and since waking up have had constant mild period pain feelings. This isn't pre labour is it??? A bit concerned but don't want to ring hospital and cry wolf :/
Your better off being checked out. I know you may feel like you will be a pain at the hospital but better to be safe than sorry. They will not think your a pain just concerned.

Just ring first and explain your concern and they should advise if they think you need to go in or not.

Good luck.

As you have been feeling some gastrointestinal upset and also experiencing diarrhoea, do not overlook the symptoms. These may be a sign of true labour. Abdominal and intestinal cramps, with or without diarrhoea is the sign of pre-term labour. This process allows the body to become empty before active labour starts and diarrhoea should settle down once you enter a strong, established labour. If this is your first baby, it can be tricky to know whether you are in pre-labour or labour. So it’s better to consult your doctor or midwife and be prepared accordingly.
Everyone is different but it does sound like it could possibly be pre labour, however that can last a week - best to get checked.
Sign in to follow this topic