Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How was your birth experience? Rss

Was it very different from what you had planned?
My birth experience was the singular worst experience of my life... On a completely different topic though what's with all the random questions from the Huggies moderator at the moment. I never noticed them until about a week or two ago and there seem to be multiple a day at the moment. I come on here to chat to other mums and these questions make it seem forced/fake. It's your forum so you can do what you want but just some feedback that it might not be having the positive effect you're hoping for... unless I'm the only one thinking this which is always a possibility smile.
makalu wrote:
My birth experience was the singular worst experience of my life... On a completely different topic though what's with all the random questions from the Huggies moderator at the moment. I never noticed them until about a week or two ago and there seem to be multiple a day at the moment. I come on here to chat to other mums and these questions make it seem forced/fake. It's your forum so you can do what you want but just some feedback that it might not be having the positive effect you're hoping for... unless I'm the only one thinking this which is always a possibility smile.

I think they are trying to make it busy. It has been really slow the last few months.

I have had two births and both were great. Both were C-sections. My first with my DD was a planned C-section as she was breech and stopped growing. It was a wonderful birth my doctor was amazing. My DD was take really quickly to the SCN and she spent a few days in the SCN but it was all a great experience.

When I had the twins they were 6 weeks early. I went into spontaneous labour but because I had a heap of issues I had an emergency C-section. Again it was a great experience and my doctor was great. Again the twins were rushed to the SCN and they ended up spending 31 days in the SCN.

I did not have any skin to skin contact with any of my kids but it has made not difference. When I had my kids my priority was healthy baby healthy mum and everyone had to do their bit to make that happen because of a heap of complications with both pregnancies. I went into both births with no plan just to have babies. I did not care how they came into the world as long as we were all healthy.

I give full credit to my doctor he was so caring and compassionate to our situation. He had been with us thru both really bad pregnancies and gave us so much support. I don't think I will ever forget after I had the twins my DH went with them to the SCN and my doctor came and sat with me in recovery updating me on everything that was happening with them. It was a great experience but when you have no expectations just healthy baby and healthy mum I think it was easy.

I had my first baby 5 weeks prem 4 1/2 hour labour. Not as bad as i was expecting smile
Both of my births were not what I was expecting. I was induced with my first pregnancy and, after being in hospital for 24 hours being induced was taken in for an emergency Caesarean. I didn't really have an appreciation of what was happening beyond being told a few more people would be coming into the delivery room and then the room filling with people. Despite that, my daughter was beautiful and healthy and that was the main thing.
With my second birth, I had planned a second Caesarean but went into spontaneous labour three days before the date that I had planned. Because I knew what to expect, I wasn't too worried however it was a very different experience to my first Caesarean. The positive was that my recovery was much quicker. However, after my son was delivered and put on my chest, I started to shake uncontrollably. I also suddenly felt very sick and cold and had to ask that my son be taken away as I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hold on to him. I had had a reaction to the spinal tap which apparently isn't that unusual which left me shaking for an hour. I had also had a torn artery on my uterus and had lost over a litre of blood which I think is why I felt cold and sick. Despite all of that, my son was again beautiful and healthy.
I think it is important that people appreciate that every birth is different - whether it is a vaginal birth, an emergency Caesaren or a planned Caesarean.
My first sons labour took 6 hours, pretty quick for a first time labour, very painful but all went well and was quite quick, no complications however my second son, well that's a whole different story.
I went in to be induced at 8:30pm and was in labour almost instantly (half hour after gel) I laboured on all through the night until 8:30am in the morning, I wasn't progressing, just very bad contractions, so they broke my waters, as soon as they broke my waters I was in the pushing stage. The pushing stage is normally quite quick but I had a pro longed second stage due to the fact my son (all 8pound 7ounce of him) decided he didn't want to come out yet, he was happy where he was, so he was literally stuck in the birth canal, and on a sort of lean on the side, he wasnt in a great position, anyway, the doctor decided to do an assisted delivery (vacuum extraction) as I was so tired from pushing and getting no where, they tried not once but three times to pull him out and the suction cup kept coming off his head! After 3 hours of unsuccessful pushing and 3 goes at sucking him out, he finally made his debut into the world.
His head was bleeding and the skin was tore clean off the top, due to the suction cup coming off 3 times.
He had very bad bruising and grazing also. But never the less he was ok and they got him out in the end.
He was born at 11:30 am.
He was perfect, still is lol
So that birth experiance was awful, worst pain I've felt in my life. But it was all worth it to get my beautiful son.
But lets just say I'm not in a hurry to fall pregnant again

Sign in to follow this topic