Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. Induction, C-section or wait and see???

Induction, C-section or wait and see??? Lock Rss

I had my 34 weeks scan to check bubs size and placenta location. Bubs is cooking perfectly. Measured average on the 50th percentile. Currently 2.3kg at 34 weeks with estimate birth weight of 3.5 kg if bubs comes at 40 weeks.

I now have a decision to make - whether to be induced at 38 weeks, book a c-section or wait and see if I go into labour at 40 weeks.

The reason for this is when I birthed my son (at 40 weeks) the long posterior 31 hour labour with a vacuum extraction resulted in a broken coccyx. My son was 3.5kg born on his due date.

I now live with daily pain (made worse from oesteoarthritis) when sitting. I sit on a donut most of the time and when not pregnant I take Celebrex for the pain and natural remedies.

The doctor (and I) are concerned about further damage to the coccyx as its not a repairable injury.

What would you do?? I would prefer a natural delivery over a c-section.

I was induced at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure they couldn't get under control! It worked for me.. Ha the cervadil at 12:30 and she was born at 4:15am with only 45mins of pushing. At first you get period like cramps and they get a bit worse but bare able. Walking helps!
out of all the choices you have induction seems the best option if your wanting a normal delivery. good luck with everything
Hi there smile
If I was facing the same decision I would choose to wait until my body went into labour naturally so baby has the best chance of getting into the optimal position for delivery.
Have you spoken with your Ob about birthing positions to prevent stress on your coccyx?

I am kitty wink

lellejay wrote:
Hi there smile
If I was facing the same decision I would choose to wait until my body went into labour naturally so baby has the best chance of getting into the optimal position for delivery.
Have you spoken with your Ob about birthing positions to prevent stress on your coccyx?

That's a good point. I haven't spoken yet about optimal birth position, except to try not to deliver on my back. Ideally too have bubs facing the right way and not posterior like DS. I have been spending most my time sitting forward and on my hands and knees. Ill add your suggestion to the list of questions I have. Thank you.

I'm all for natural delivery but personally I would choose a c section. You may risk further injury even with a slightly smaller baby and then you will have two to care for. Of course up to you, but I would sway in the direction of c section

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I would be steering clear of induction too. It is hard to estimate bubs size and I agree with the others about positioning. I would either be going into spontaneous labour or c/s.
I really feel for you, what a horrible thing to have gone through...sad
xxx
It's a super tough one here's how I look at it... None of the option are ideal -
Induction - can lead to more intervention and more painful birth and could still result in more coccyx damage
C-section - major surgery and would still be done at 38 weeks. Hubby can only take 2 weeks off work and we have a very active 2 year old at home which worries me.
Wait and see - run the risk of damaging coccyx even more (its already not repairable and very painful).

Oh boy!!! Fx I go into labour naturally anytime after 37 weeks.

Sign in to follow this topic