Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. What to wear during labour? What did u wear?

What to wear during labour? What did u wear? Lock Rss

Hi ladies! I'm packing my bags for hospital as I have to be induced around 37 weeks I have a spinal injury bub is putting too much pressure on, anyway...I'm just not sure what to pack to wear in labour. I really can't see myself being completely nude not that I'm a shy person at all just think I'd like to wear something unless I'm in the shower. Do u wear pants/undies and take them off before pushing?
I really don't know how I'm going to completely relax in Labour-I can't even poo with my daughter in the bathroom. The door has to be locked lol So what should I pack to wear? (btw I'm so not wearing a hospital gown, I hate them! Lol. Would love your advice!
Thanks smile

Jess 28yrs, 5yr old daughter, 8 month old son and 20 weeks pregnant.

i started just in my normal clothes, top, undies and shorts, then took it all off for the shower and then got straight from there to the bed to push both times so i just put my shirt back on and then had a cotton thing (small sheet thing provided by the hospital) draped over my lower half so the midwife could still see.
Hi I was induced with DS, I too started out in my normal clothes but was in & out of the shower as DS was posterior so I just ended up wearing a gown as it was easier - it was one that did up on the sides so nothing was hanging out wink
I had a very active labour & wanted to be comfortable, I wore a nice short cotton robe which I found on sale, so I could have the bottom open for examinations, pushing etc.. I wore undies until I was ready to push than just slipped them off. When bub was born I opened up the top half so he could be placed on my chest & covered the lower half back up. It worked really well smile
I wore a boob tube an just bordies but once the labour got going they took my pants off an left them off! But they will keep the sheet over you when you have no pants on so you won't be showing everyone everything all the time!!
hello, with my son i wore the gown because i was induced. and with my daughter (born 3 days ago) i was wearing a loose dress i bought specifically for labour, but got straight in the shower there and was naked the whole time. my dress is completely clean lol! it really is much easier being naked i reccomend it haha but if your not in water then just a dress, my sister did the same smile good luck!
I put a LOT of thought into what to wear and was certain I wouldn't be naked cos like you I can't possibly poo with someone listening... laugh

When I went into the hospital in labour I wore normal clothes but then I needed continuous monitering and fetal scalp monitering so no undies But it didn't bother me at all at the time, I ended up just wearing a hospital gown kind of draped around me.
I was compeletely nude during all my births but you can be dressed if that's what your comfortable with. Usually they tell you to wear a short nighty that's loose incase you do wanna take it off and no undies - you might not have time to get them off lol or you can wear one of the gown things they have at the hospital. I wore one at the begining with DD but took it off after 10 mins and was more comfortable and relaxed naked. My prefrence 'cause you get that immediate skin-to-skin contact/bonding with bubs...
Hi,

My waters broke early hours of the morning, i put on a clean maternity top and maternity pants, the pants didn't last long the midwife pulled them off me and flung them across the room i was naked from the start (bye bye dignity)- if i could go back a soft knee length dress would be the way to go.............
Well, I dont really remember! But I know I started out wearing a rather large top of DPs. I went to hospital in maternity trackies, and a pair of boring, ugly cheap undies I got from woolies (I wasnt going to ruin any good ones lol)... From memory when I started pushing I was just wearing DPs top... I dont even think I had a bra lol
I had planned to wear an old button-up top and skirt, but they had to break my waters and suggested that I wear the hospital gown as it would get messy. I wore it until I started pushing and then got completely naked.
I was one of those people who didn't want to go nude either. I don't even remember stripping lol.

Sorry that I wasn't much help...

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Hi ladies! I'm packing my bags for hospital as I have to be induced around 37 weeks I have a spinal injury bub is putting too much pressure on, anyway...I'm just not sure what to pack to wear in labour. I really can't see myself being completely nude not that I'm a shy person at all just think I'd like to wear something unless I'm in the shower. Do u wear pants/undies and take them off before pushing?
I really don't know how I'm going to completely relax in Labour-I can't even poo with my daughter in the bathroom. The door has to be locked lol So what should I pack to wear? (btw I'm so not wearing a hospital gown, I hate them! Lol. Would love your advice!
Thanks smile

I wore a very large nighty so I could move around easy and get it on and off with showers. When I was pushing I just took undies off.

Next time ill do the same but try and get one that opens at the front so its even easier and bub can get on my breast straight after birth. Because I walked around the hospital alot I wouldn't wear a gown either.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic