Huggies Forum

Elective Caesareans Lock Rss

i think you need to know why you had to have the csection is it something that would be likely to happen again? i was in lbour for 26 hours b4 a emergency cesction and then had 2 more babies both by s section the 2nd i was thinking of hving a vbac but bub had other idaes he i had placenta previa and no chioce . my doc said that peolpe can hve 2 csections and then a vbac but not me as my uterus was too thin. so i think you need to discuss the reasons with your doc. i hve several friends who have had am emergensy c sections and thne hve gone on to hve a natural deivery next time. as to labur the i would trade in the for 26 hours of pain for a few days of discomfort of an c section any day. i am comemplatning trying for the elusive girl soon

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

A suggestion for those of us who end up having a C-section, try homeopathic arnica tablets. That's what I took while in labour, and I found my healing was much quicker than I expected. Even my midwife was impressed.
I had an emergency Caesar as my son was posterior. I have to say I have been lucky with most responses to this, but am going to try for a Vaginal birth this time. The main problem I have now is that I am stuck with having to be monitored this time around, so have to have a hospital birth.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

hi i also went through a long labour with my first 30 hrs and ended up having a cesa due to not dilating enough
Now i am pregnant with my second and have to make the decision on having another cesa or trying again for a natural birth.
im scared to go through it all again for nothing or just go strait for the cesa and realy dont know what to do.
if there is any one that has had an emergency cese then a planed one that could tell me the difference betwen the recovery of the to it would be a good help

Michelle,QLD,5yr boy & 2yr boy

Hi Loulou,

I just had a baby and tore very badly and my life seems to sound about the same as you sister-in-law. And I had to be cut and restitched 3mths after the birth because I wasn't healing. My husband and I could slowly but bit painfully resume married life around the 7mth mark. I'm thinking about having a c section next time and your story sounds the most appealing. The others, I'm sure are true, but I went through so much pain and for so long that I'd rather go through a c section. How long was it after the birth when you were totally pain free?
Steph - I realise that your baby was born quite a few months ago now,but how did you go? Did the baby turn - or did you have a caesarean?

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

Hi Marti

Have a look under the post birth stories I think its under for a blow by blow account of Bennett's birth (by emergency c section)

Let me nkow what you think smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

i dont get a choice. they made me try naturally (vaginally) but i nearly lost my daughter her heart rate dropped and i had an emergency cesearian. next time around i am opting for a elective ceaser as my hips aint wide enough my daughters head got stuck in my pelvis, i had FTP and was given a emergency LSCS, i went through 16 hours of labour (all the time i was 2cms dialated) so next time i wont give the docs a choice, if they dont listen i will find another doctor. i WILL have a cesearian. the pain was nasty yes for 9 weeks of my life as i didnt take any pain killers when i got home 5 days afterwards. but i'd do it again.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hello,
I opted for an elective cesarean after I had brain surgery to clip an aneurysm 3 years before the birth of my first child then elective cesareans from then on-of course it was the safest choice for myself and bub-pushing will put pressure on my brain. And yes would of loved to be able to have my children naturally but things don't always go to plan, my last cesarean(no.3) was the best I had had and no.4 in 6 weeks hoping it is also good.
Belinda

BelindaQld, 4 children (1 in heaven)

Hi mums

I know the original post was asking why women choose to have an elective caesarian and so my comment might seem a little harsh. I want to know why so many people think it is ok to query why a woman made the choice they did. I know the original post was asking for advice so Im not being critical of Marti who made the post. plus she has had a caesar herself.

My thoughts are that you generally dont ask a women who had a natural birth why did you choose a natural birth? So why do so many people think its ok to ask a caesarian woman? Is it so as that they can justify it for themselves and pass judgement - 'oh ok the baby was breech that's fine' or 'Youd had enough after 36 hours, you didnt want to try any longer?'

The lack of understanding that some women have towards other women who have had a c/s is appalling. I often wander if the rates of PND after a caesar is more due to negative and disparagiang comments made by other women rather than the c/s itself.

Anyway thats my gripe and in no way am I being critical of the original post or any of the others.

Jeanie

Jeanie, QLD, toddler girl and boy and pregnant

Well said i dont think i could have said it better myself thankgod no one has had a go at me for having 2 csections and theyd be sorry if they did.
My first was an emergency and the second was planed and i wouldnt hesitate to do it again definatly found it easyer second time . Its one of the biggest decissions a woman has to make .

No child birth is the easy way out

Michelle,QLD,5yr boy & 2yr boy

I agree with Jeanie comments. I have chosen to have my children vaginally (don't like to use the word naturally), but my friend can't. All three of hers were c-sections. I by no way judge her because she had her children by c-section.

I think that women have it hard enough carrying their babies for 9mths plus sometimes caring for other children and working. They don't need people expecting them to justify why they had a c-section.

If anything I think woman who have c-section suffering longer than woman who deliver vaginally. Going off my own experiences, I was pain free and feeling good 6wks post baby. But when you have a c-section you are just starting to feel like things are getting better at 6wks (only going by what friends have told me).

Both ways carry their own risks and it is no easy decision to decide whether to have a c-seciton or not. You shouldn't judge someone because they have or expect them to justify why they have.

Good luck to you all.
Danielle

QLD DD 2/02 DD 3/03 DD 2/05 Jack 23/3/07

i have had 2 ceasareans and am about to have a 3rd....well in 3 weeks.
my doctor decided at the start of my first pregnancy that i was going to have to have 1 because apparently my pelvis is just too small...his words were "there is no way in hell that anything is gonna squeeze its way outta there" .
guess its just one of those things that cant be helped really.
if anyone tells me i am lazy or whatever for having a c section,i just tell them to go and have a major op and see how great they feel afterwards coz it bloody hurts.

mum 2 Jacinta 12 & Shay 5 & Bayley nearly 4

Sign in to follow this topic