Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Warragul Hospital Rss

Hi All,

Hope you are all well grin I've just recently moved from SA to Vic and my closest hospital is Warragul, I have heard it is better then Traralgon- But just wondering if anyone else has been there and was it an ok experience?

Cheers Tash smile
Hi There, I have a couple of friends who have had babies in the Warragul Hospital and have been very happy with them. I would have a baby there myself even smile Good luck
Hi Tash!

Firstly congratulations and good luck!

You will probably hear both positive and negative comments about all hospitals.

My 3 daughters were all born recently (within 4 years) at Traralgon. 2 were an amazing experience (being our first child and then a VBA2C, wonderful support with both the OB and midwives, informative classes ie VBAC class, newer/nicer building)and one a nightmare (one horrid midwife, ant infestation due to weather, full ward and limited staff, unwanted c-section with my 2nd DD). In saying that, if we go back for #4 it will be at Traralgon again. Traralgon is a bit closer to us than Warragul. I also liked that one of the main OB's in the area, Dr Simons, recently went to Traralgon. Combined with Dr Dennis Danso I believe they are an awesome team!

I have had 2 women close to me give birth at Warragul. One had a negative experience and one was 'okay' (she will be giving birth there again soon out of convenience but is not overly enthusiastic about the hospital but nothing in particular negative to comment on apart from one particular midwife, oh and having to either climb steps or go in a lift which she's a bit scared of! to get to the labour ward).

Do you live in Warragul?

Thanks Ladies, I haven't lived in this area for over 20 years so I'm just going from what my family and friends (who I really haven't had much to do with since I was 8/9years old) have experienced. We live in Trafalgar so Warragul is the closest. My main concern is due to that my DS and I only moved down in dec due to DH starting work here and we don't have any close family or friends here that DS has been around any of them enough to be with them while I am in labour. So during my labour he will be there (DH will be looking after him) and when business starts going my DH and DS will leave the room until our DD is born... So I am just hoping that they are ok smile
Well yeah Warragul woud be closer then so that would make sense.

There's still enough time to get to know the neighbors or check out family day care! Labour can take so long and your DS is so young! It would be nice if your DH could just focus on you instead of looking after your DS wouldn't it? You poor thing, not an ideal situation! Can a close family member or friend travel down to spend time with you around your due date?

Sent you a PM hun smile
I would suggest Taralgon, I'm not familiar with either hospital but DH works in the gippsland a lot.

I say taralgon simply because it has the heli pad so if things go bad and they need to get you to Melbourne although it is a little further away they could fly you and bubs.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

I would also go to Taralgon after my experience but my issue was more withtheir obstetrician than the hospital..
I saw Dr McLennan and found him fine until the birth when I experienced him yelling and shouting at the nurses and generally treating them like ***, he caused me so much unnessasary pain and practices "cord traction" to remove the placenta. He pulled so hard on mind that I felt like he was pulling out all my organs, disregarding my complaints, causing it to detatch prematurely (i thought I got the needle so it would pass its self mind you) causing a primary post partnum bleed of over 1litre.
I would never let anyone I know se e him unless they were having a scheduled caesar. My partner and I are severely traumatised by the *** that man put me through, which was all avoidable!
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but I can't wear the guilt of knowing someone else could be treated the way I was.
Hi Bec,

I had my little girl there in March, I had Dr McLennon as well.. Though I was delivered comepletely by a midwife. He came later on with a student doctor to do the stitches- He told me I wouldn't win a beauty contest with my girl bits (sorry if to much information) I was really freaked out by the comment..

Your experience with him sounds terrible, I take it you won't be going back there. Limited choices with doctors down here. I don't get why doctors think that behaving like that during such a full on experience is acceptable.

I however didn't enjoy my appointments with him as he gave me lectures.
Cheers Tash

I would also go to Taralgon after my experience but my issue was more withtheir obstetrician than the hospital..
I saw Dr McLennan and found him fine until the birth when I experienced him yelling and shouting at the nurses and generally treating them like ***, he caused me so much unnessasary pain and practices "cord traction" to remove the placenta. He pulled so hard on mind that I felt like he was pulling out all my organs, disregarding my complaints, causing it to detatch prematurely (i thought I got the needle so it would pass its self mind you) causing a primary post partnum bleed of over 1litre.
I would never let anyone I know se e him unless they were having a scheduled caesar. My partner and I are severely traumatised by the *** that man put me through, which was all avoidable!
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but I can't wear the guilt of knowing someone else could be treated the way I was.

Oh my God, I'm supposed to be seeing him soon. My GP at Pakenham Family Health gave me the referal for me to see him, now I'm petrified. Would I talk to someone at the hospital to change people or my GP?
Thanks so much for the heads up!
Sorry to freak you out Jazzmyn!
I just would hate for anyone else to go through what I did. Pre-eclamsia is quite common and from speaking to midwives, I should have been let go to 2 weeks over, I probably should have had a cesarian being a small frame and having a 10 pound baby.
The hospital was okay, just dont see Dr McLennan.. If you have a choice..

Best wishes, I am positive everything wool go smoothly for you!! smile
After a bit of hassling I have successfully had my Ob changed, I just said I didn't feel "comfortable with a male" which is totally false, but anything to help me from avoiding an experience like you had! + I'm a young mum also, so I think I can spare his lectures haha tongue
Sign in to follow this topic