Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Labour and Birth
  5. really bad abdo pain anyone else got it?

really bad abdo pain anyone else got it? Lock Rss

HI there

i was hoping that someone could tell me if they have had or know of anyone else ever having really bad lower abdo pain!!!!!

i am 37 weeks and i have been taking panadol for the last 5 days straight every 4 hours on the hour cause of this pain i have right at the bottom of my abdoman.... I never experienced this with my first pregnancy so this is new to me, i do know that baby has dropped ALOT in the last 5 days and the last time i was at the dr's she advised me to keep my husband close on hand as i had a very ripe cervix but no dilation.....

so if anyone else has had this pain or something similar please let me know what i can do to help ease it as i still have a toddler to run around after and not being able to do that very well at the moment

the pain can get that sore that i cant walk and end up in tears so any info or help would be HUGELY appriciated

thanks
ruby

Renee d.o.b: 7/12/03, Aiden d.o.b: 22/12/05

hi ruby

i had pain from about 36wks onwards, like really really strong braxton hicks, and in the same place u r describing. my midwife said it is your cervix getting "ready"
it also be the bub pushing on your pelvic bone, and casue the bub has dropped it may be pushing ona nerve.

i would go see your dr/midwife, just incase it is something mroe serious.

good luck, keep us posted

jodi grin
well i get pains too but not as bad as your saying.... i went to get monerted yesterday at the hospital as i was conerned it was labour pains starting. ( my 1st sons laobour pains wernt regular at all till i was 8 cm dilated!!) any way the midwife said it must be pulled ligiments and also the uterus stretching ect. apparently your second pregnacy and on you get these pains. if i was getting them as bad as you id go and get checked. you may feel like a time waster like i did last night but i got thinking and thought hey its my babys health and mine..... i dont care what anyone thinks as long as im happy that everythings ok with us both. i also have a another child. my son jon is almost three. god its hard hey! ive been over it and want byron (nother boy) out for about a mounth now. im 34 and a half weeks now and god its going slow. i hate holidays!! good luck and if you want to chat my email is [email protected]
hi Ruby, my name is sueanne and i'm 27 weeks at this time, i totaly undestand what u mean about the pain,i also get it just as bad. i think it's because of the stretching anyway i hope so thats what i have told myself anyway!if you find out different let me know, my email is [email protected] when are u due? i am due on the 7th april.hope to hear from you. Sueanne.

sueanne,vic,3rdtrimester

Hi Renee,

With my third bub I was in alot of pain towards the end and had no idea. I finally realised (when sanity returned 2yrs later) that I was aggravating my irritable bowel condition. I get cramps and bloating if I eat gluten products and I had been eating foods that were easy and quick (eg sandwiches). Because of the change in space I didn't recognise it as the feelings were different. Do you suffer from wind pain or are you constipated at the moment?

Robynne-69 DH-61 DS1-94 DD1-96 DS2-99 DS3&DD2-04

Sign in to follow this topic