Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Home Births Rss

would love to hear from anyone out the there has had o home birth or is planning on having one. all experiences are welcome both good and bad.

Mum to Bethany (25-2-03) & Faith (8-11-04)

Hi mum2one,
I always thought i might like to have a home birth, but I planned a hospital birth and I'm so glad I did. My labour was horrible and the doc said if I had a home birth probably would not be here. I haemmoraged and had to have nearly 7 units of blood put back in me and had to go to surgery. If I had of had a home birth he said the wait to get me to hospital and then assess would've been too long. So I'm not a big fan of the home birth thing, but I'm sure there a plenty of women who do it quite fine. I made the delivery room just like home though. My own pillows, blankets, music and in the end it didn't really matter where I was as long as they got this baby out of me!!!
Did you have a home birth? Or are you planning on having one for a no2 maybe? If you already had one by a "normal" delivery, you sorta know what to expect and its really up to you.
Have fun!

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

all i can say is u r very brave i know one lady that had a water birth at home all went well

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I guess you've had your baby by now. How did it go? Did you have a home birth? We had a home birth with our second and I'm so glad I did. He's had medical complications and it was nice that one thing went right! The complications were nothing to do with his birth.
Yes i've had my wee girl now. 15 days late but shes finally here. I had a homebirth as planned. Everything went great and like you i am so glad that i had the birth at home this time. i will definantly be recomening it to others. Sorry to hear that your son has had medical complications. I hope hat he is on the mend now. Thanks for your reply, its nice to know that ther are other women out there choosing to birth in the comfort of home.

Mum to Bethany (25-2-03) & Faith (8-11-04)

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you.
I like the names you've given your girls.
I've had lots of people say, 'My baby wouldn't be here if we had a home birth'. People don't realise the midwives have oxygen ready, just the same as hospitals. Anyway, that's a bit off topic. I'm totally sold on home births if there are no complications, but that's just me. Did you have your first in hospital? I did but her birth was good too.
Sign in to follow this topic