Huggies Forum

first time mum Lock Rss

Hey everyone..

I am new to this forum, and to pregnancy..

I am a first time mum due on the 28th of June..

We're very excited to find out the sex of the baby hopefully in 2 weeks time at my 18 week scan...

After much thought and consideration my partner and I have made the decision to have a homebirth rather than the normal hospital birth.. Is anyone else planning on a homebirth?

My beautiful baby boy was born 24 June

Hi ElyseHunt

I am also expecting my 1st im due in sept, so im a little behind you.

We also hope 2 find out the sex of our baby although im not 2 fussed wat it is my hubby wants a boy.

Im not sure about the birth yet to b quite honest it all scares the crap out of me!!

look forward 2 meeting some more 1st time mums on here

Hey...

We're really excited to find out sex of our baby in about a week or so...i don't have a strong feeling of boy or girl yet - so it will be a total surprise when we find out...

the whole idea of birth and labour completely freaks me out too, especially after hearing in depth stories from my sisters and being at one of my mum's homebirths...

how are you feeling so far in regards to morning sickness etc..at your stage i was feeling extremely sick and vommiting 3 -4 times a day...not fun at all!!!

hi everyone, im new to the forums as well.im 22 and expecting my first bubba on 23 june. my partner and have decided not to find out what sex baby is but we have chosen to have a water birth. am just glad im all over morning sickness lol

Xander Dean Keery born 28th June 2009.

hi nikki

wow, our bubs will only be a few days apart...i'm also a younger first time mum...im only 20

are you having a water birth in the hospital or at home...my partner and i have decided to have a home water birth which we're really happy with..

i'm glad your over your morning sickness..i still feel sick nearly every morning but the vomitting has stopped now...i was pretty sick in the beginning and lost quite alot of weight...
sad

hi elyse,

we are having a water birth at a birthing unit, we only live 5 minutes away from the birthing unit and after having a tour of the place im really happy with it, also i have a friend who has had 2 water births at this birthing unit.

for the first few months i was really nausea 24/7 but never really vomitted except for new years eve lol. i just get really tired. must suck still feeling sick all the time, i think the constant nausea can be worst than the vomitting. hope your feeling better soon.

what part of nz are you in?

Take care of yourself and bubs

hey

i'm glad your happy with your decision about the birth...it makes such a difference when you're really comfortable with your decision...

i know what you mean about being tired...im not working so i get lots of time to sleep in and rest but im still always tired ha ha...

i'm actually not from nz...i live on the sunshine coast in queensland, australia...where abouts are you from?

take care

hey,

yeah its about the only thing im sure of lol, there are some many different opinions and things to decide on and things i didnt even realise needed a decision, im so confused.

lucky you, when i found out i was pregnant i was working in a bar having taken time off from study and it got really hard. now im working with my dad for the family business and we just bought a skate shop and sell body jewellery and sunglasses. i work 6 days a week but am cutting that down soon.

yeah after i posted the msg i realised i shouldnt have said nz haha just tired lol. im in auckland nz.

i have my next midwife appt on monday and then i will be 18 weeks, so that should make you 17 weeks on mon?

how has your partner been with the experience so far??? im so lucky my partner is amazing, he makes me breakfast most mornings before work even if it his day to sleep in and really takes good care of me.

anyway am at work and am almost finished yay. day off tomorrow.

take care and chat soon.

Hey

I am also new to this forum and pregnancy. We are due on July 22nd but the last 14 weeks or so have flown by.

Had our 1st scan last week and to see baby was so exciting, couldn't wipe the grin off my face! We are definitely gonna find out the sex when the time comes.

Other than that we have no idea about birth options etc. Open to advice.....it's all a bit overwhelming!

Hey

I am also new to this forum and pregnancy. We are due on July 22nd but the last 14 weeks or so have flown by.

Had our 1st scan last week and to see baby was so exciting, couldn't wipe the grin off my face! We are definitely gonna find out the sex when the time comes.

Other than that we have no idea about birth options etc. Open to advice.....it's all a bit overwhelming!

hey, just wondering u do live close to a hospital right?? for if anything where to go wrong? being ur first time and all?? lol sorry not meaning to bring the mood down just curious

Hey.

We are due on 22nd July with our first and very excited but clueless!

Had our first scan last week and was so amazing to see baby - couldn't wipe the grin off my face.

I have no idea at this stage about birth options etc. Open to advice. It's all a bit overwhelming!

Sign in to follow this topic