Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Name Change ... So Late???

Name Change ... So Late??? Rss

After our son was born we still often talked baby names and we both loved the name Emily (even though if son was a girl he would of been Mia), anyway once I fell pregnant again we talked names, we have been told we are having a girl and we decided on the name Dakota Christine Marie (the middle names after both grandmothers). Well, a couple of nights ago my partner brought up Emily again and now says he isn't sure, I so love Emily, but I equally like Dakota but for totally different reasons. Emily is traditional and sweet ad Dakota is modern and cool. Which do you like?

DAKOTA CHRISTINE MARIE

OR

EMILY CHRISTINE MARIE

Lisa - Tyler (06/05), Emily (05/07)

Ahhh tough call lol.. ummm i think i like Dakota better smile But its up to u if u really love Emily go with it!!

AKA Chante

I love Emily, I'm not a big fan of American cities and states as names usless they have some sort of meaning to you. Just being honest.
Emily gets my vote grin

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Emily gets my vote. Goodluck

Kate, Bree 4/5/05 & Gemma 8/2/07

Hi,
Emily is a really nice name. So i say Emily
Emily is very pretty, my vote is for Emily smile
I like Dakota..... and i like Emily, it's tough

I think i go 4 emily

Angel xox

Lesbian mother to 7 month old Lola

they both sound equally good and are different to each other. i think you should think about it for a while and one may stick out above the other. but then again your bub may be born and you might have chosen dakota and she may look like an emily or vice versa. at least you have the two options i guess.

Emily goes better with the middle names you have picked, I think anyway! It's such a pretty, feminine name. Dakota seems a bit "right now", I cant really see a 80 year old "Dakota".

Good luck deciding - it's hard work!
I have to agree that i like Emily with those middle names but i think i would have the middle names around the other way, just my 2 cents worth.
Good luck

2 gorgeous boys Tylar & Jailon

I have to agree that i like Emily with those middle names but i think i would have the middle names around the other way, just my 2 cents worth.
Good luck

2 gorgeous boys Tylar & Jailon

Sign in to follow this topic