Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. Sister for Elsie Jane - HELP!!

Sister for Elsie Jane - HELP!! Lock Rss

Has anyone had the pleasure of naming their first baby girl, been so happy with the name, then when it came time to naming ANOTHER little girl, everything else seemed so...done? It should be exciting but nothing feels fresh, definitely in need some inspiration wink
Our little girl Elsie Jane is nearly 4 and her little sister is due soon.
Elsie likes Daisy so much but husband has vetoed it for some reason! Plus they do have the same sounds to it and whilst I LOVE Lucy, Daisy, Maisie, Alice - to me it's too similar to Elsie ...thoughts?

Husband likes Lucy, Josie, Hannah, Sophie
He has already vetoed Violet, Hazel, Valerie, Zoe [he hates z's and v's - he's a weirdo].

I like Mary, Mabel, Eleanor, Lucy, Evelyn [Evie] but we are open to suggestions!
We love older, shorter vintage names [hence Elsie Jane].
Think cute old nana names hehe.

Note: I already have the following little girls in my life as nieces or friends kids - Mia, Molly, Matilda, Isabella, Lily, Emily, Ruby, Grace - so they are all out .
I'm not a fan of top 10 baby naming [even though Emily, Olivia etc are very very cute, I'd rather not have 3 girls in her class with the same name].
Any ideas?
Thanks xxx
It sounds like you both like Lucy so I would go for that. I love Hannah also
My girls names were Sally, Thea (after my 3 grandmothers Dorothy, Althea and Theadora) & Abigail but we had s boy! Struggled to find a boys name both my hubby and I agreed on so we gave my 5 year old the shortlist and he picked Eli.
Yup I understand what you mean. Our girl is Leah Rose and if we had to name another girl it would be so hard... the only other name I love is Airlie and think it is sort of similiar to leah too.

I also like
Ebony
Eden
Lauren
Laura
Lucy is cute
Skye
Ayla/jayla
Amelia

Hazel is gorgeous too a pity ur hubby said no

Mae is the first name that came to mind!?

Elsie Jane & ...............

Mae Daisy
Mae Lucy
Mae Josie

Otherwise ~
Abbey
Delilah
Jasmine
Isla
Lara
Mia
Sadie

Good luck deciding smile

Anna
Sarah
Mary
Clara
Laura
I love Daisy.

To me they are all ending in the ie sound, so on that basis I would vote Hannah. I also think Sophie,Lucy, and Evie are popular.

Other suggestions
Claire
Grace
Greta
Sage
Adele
Iris
Ivy
Audrey
We had that same problem! It took us awhile to find a name we loved for both dd2 and dd3!

We have claire, hannah and emily.

Of your names I like Lucy and Alice smile

I have the exact same problem. It's so hard to choose another name or two when you so love the first ones you chose.

We named my little girl Nina Kailani. I love Nina and still do and I think it's important to have a different number of syllables for the middles name and also a different ending.

Rita, Juniper, Vienna and Amaia are on my short list so far - hubby isn't having any of them though sad

Good luck, I'm getting some nice ideas from your other replies so thank you and also I love Elsie smile
I get where you're coming from Elsiesmum! I had that problem naming my 2nd boy.....
I have a few suggestions for you:
Harriet (or Hattie)
Edith
Sybill
Mavis
June
Rita
Lauren
Sophia Daisy?

Lucille Esmae? Or Lucille Mabel?

Mabel Josie

*cody+nate'smummy* wrote:
Mae is the first name that came to mind!?

Elsie Jane & ...............

Mae Daisy
Mae Lucy
Mae Josie

Good luck deciding smile

Or

Daisy Mae
Lucy Mae
Josie Mae

Sign in to follow this topic