Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Baby Names
  5. I need "old fashioned" girls names!

I need "old fashioned" girls names! Rss

I have a while before I have bub and we already have a boys name chosen but girls names are so tricky as there are so many nice ones. Hubby said he wants original old style names and I am finding it so hard! We have 3 girls and all 3 of them took the whole prenancy (and after the birth) to name hence why I am thinking of names now smile

So far I have thought of these but I want more to choose from so please share some more names!

Matilda
Lillian
Iva
Ella
Charlotte
Lily

Thankyou smile
I really like the names; Stella and Mabel for older names smile Very pretty and classic sounding

I have a while before I have bub and we already have a boys name chosen but girls names are so tricky as there are so many nice ones. Hubby said he wants original old style names and I am finding it so hard! We have 3 girls and all 3 of them took the whole prenancy (and after the birth) to name hence why I am thinking of names now smile

So far I have thought of these but I want more to choose from so please share some more names!

Matilda
Lillian
Iva
Ella
Charlotte
Lily

Thankyou smile
Chelsea
Ada
Beth
Elsa
Evelyn
Violet
Lilian
Grace
Clara
Elizabeth
Charlotte
Clara
I heard of a new baby named Elsie today. I think it's quite pretty. It was my great Grandmothers name so I guess it is rather old fashioned:)

Our beautiful boy arrived 16/12/09

I've just named my little girl Isabella, if i was to have another girl i would like to name her Olivia!

Or maybe you might like -
Jean
Ellen
Flora
Florence
Annabell/annabella
Mabel
Dotti

Hope this helps you with your ideas
Good luck smile
what are your girls names? It might help with some suggestions. In the meantime these are some I love...

Ivy
Eve/Evie
Rose/Rosie
Grace
Hazel
Scarlett
Eloise
Audrey
Esme
Lotti
Mary
Nell
Florence
Primrose
Iris
Thanks for the ideas. I just haven't found anything that I absolutely love and I am a baby name fan! I have been looking for names since my youngest (she's almost 3) was about 6 months old! I love Elsie but hubby would think that's too weird... He wants plain old names! MEN!!!

Our boys name is Ryan. We have had this name chosen since we were pregnant with number 1 (seven years ago). He still loves it and I like it but I am wondering if I am over it now due to never getting to use it??

Hmm... Please keep the names coming! I love different ones but unfortunately I can't sad I love Indie, Edyn, Makenna, and the list is endless but nooooo!
Charlotte - had to say as is my DD
Gwen
Cecil
Joan
Elizabeth
Chelsea
Sharron
Catherine
Rhonda
Kate
Whitney
Glenda
Leslie
Kaylene
Maureen
Hannah
Renee
Hayley - What we might choose if our next is a girl
Erin - 2nd on my list if it is a girl.

Maddison
Madeleine
Elle

all I can think of atm I sure there is more tho!!

I love the names
Jessica
Caitlin
Holly
smile
My girls are Hazel Elizabeth and Georgiana Ivy.
I also like:
Harriet
Marta
Rose
Daisy
Violet (hmmmm, maybe a bit of an unintentional flower theme!)
Madeline
Emily
Margaret
Annie
Sign in to follow this topic